Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Dawn of a New Era

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 4/25/2013
The littlest one has gone off to kindy or 幼稚園 (youchien) this month.

He looked so small in his way-too-big uniform, with the shorts practically down to his ankles and his jacket looking more reminiscent of a dress than outerwear. I had my doubts about him going off to school because he seemed (and still seems) so babyish, but in true Mini-Ping fashion, he hopped on the bus with tentative smiles at the bus monitors and is wreathed in smiles on his return.

It's been strange having the house to myself during the time the Pinglet and Mini-Ping are both in school, and working during the daylight hours. I'm sure I'll get used to it in time, but for now, I'll enjoy missing my little ones and hoping that their days at school are happy ones.

2 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

shinshu life said...

You're going to actually be able to SLEEP at night?? WOW!

More time for blogging, too?

Ashley Thompson said...

Hello, I tried to find contact info for you but didn't see any.

I'm the Community Manager for Nihongo Master. I'm working again with Andrea Martins (creator of ExpatWomen.com and their blog directory that you listed on).

Andrea and I are trying to get word out about Nihongo Master http://www.nihongomaster.com (a new startup trying to teach Japanese in a much more fun way than ever before--via social collaboration and gamification--which also helps keep learners motivated to continue their studies.)

Is there any way you might consider taking a look at the site and/or trying it out, and blogging about it if you think it's a good idea? Any help or ideas you could offer would be incredibly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review