Saturday, June 9, 2012

New endeavors

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 6/09/2012
This year, I vowed to myself that I would get away from the funk of 2011 and get myself back on track. One of the things I wanted to do was to start a bilingual kids club and that has finally come to pass with the launch of the Kids International Club!

I'm enjoying getting to know the other women that I've met so far and hope that we will get a few more members in the coming months. The other women who are in the group are both Japanese moms who are teaching their children English. This will definitely give me a new perspective on raising bilingual kids!

2 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Lulu said...

Amanda from AFWJ {living in Chiba} runs something similar but because it is on the weekends when I work we have never gone but maybe when the boys are a bit older if it is on a Saturday I don`t have work. Hers is called Bilingual Kids Club I think.

Best of luck with the new project! I would like to do something like this when the boys are older. I run a playgroup with a friend but it is definitely more for the mums than the kids at this point! That said- it is good for the kids to see other friends speaking English or other mama`s speaking English.

kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping said...

Hey Lulu,

One of the things that inspired me were the different groups that AFWJers organized in Kanto! :)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review