Saturday, March 12, 2011

Heartbroken

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 3/12/2011
How can a heart hurt so much? You hear about natural disasters of such magnitude around the world and your heart goes out to everyone affected. But when it affects one of your own, that's when you feel like shattered glass has pierced a part of your soul.

The funny thing is, I would never in the past have referred to Japan as home. But watching the devastation on TV has made me realize that Japan is my adopted country. I've been reacting to each new piece of news just the way I reacted when disasters have happened in the U.S.--9/11, Katrina, the Challenger.

I spent the day watching the disaster on TV, checking in on friends every five minutes on Facebook, on the phone, and with my own little family. We are extraordinarily lucky. The earthquake and tsunami have not physically touched any parts of our lives and we can watch the scenes unfold from the privacy of our own little home. For this I am eternally grateful, and can only send out my thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by this tragedy.

People's help, whether it be physical, monetary or spiritual, will be key in the coming days, weeks and months. Thank you for sending out your support to the universe in your own special way.

5 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I'm sure you won't remember me, but my name is Cassie and I am a memeber of the 2007 Firefly board. We have been thinking about you, so I checked your profile and found the link to your blog. I am so happy, as will the other ladies be, to hear you and the family are oaky. Our prayers go out to everyone.
Congratulations on the new little one, by the way! Both kiddos are adoreable!

kuri, ping & the pinglet said...

Cassie, thank you so much for thinking of me from the Firefly's board! I remember you all. :) Please pass on my appreciation to all the ladies on the board for thinking of us!!

Anonymous said...

Just want you to know how much we love all of you - Mom & Dad

Narelle said...

My heart and thoughts go out to you and your country Chris. My first thought when I heard about it was that I hoped that you guys were ok and safe and was very relieved when you were. At school we are waiting for news of our sister school so everyone at Mudgee State School is sitting on the edge of our seats at the moment. Anything I can do please let me know. My thoughts and positive prayers are going out for your country and its safe and prosperous recovery.

Satorare said...

It's all so terrible and sad... I don't know what to say, but I have tears in my eeyes while watching the news on tv... ;__;

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review