Saturday, January 8, 2011

2011 Resolutions

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 1/08/2011
It's certainly been a while! You haven't aged a bit! (kiss, smack, hug)

2010 kicked my butt. Seriously. Being pregnant during the hottest summer on record, having the Pinglet start pre-school, and having a baby while simultaneously trying to keep up with my translation quotas and making sure to keep in touch with my family and friends so that we would continue to be on speaking-terms proved to be more than I could handle.

But, I'M BACK! And this time with one piece of additional baggage...the Mini-Ping! I'm afraid to say it for fear of jinxing myself, but Mini-Ping is such a laid-back, smiley baby. He actually puts himself to sleep IN.HIS.CRIB. without having to be carried around for hours on end while Mommy and Daddy sing every lullaby they can think of while they go silently insane.

Mini-Ping is turning 4 months old next week and has learned how to hold his head up, "swim" during tummy-time (although there is scant tummy time in his neighborhood at the moment...more on that later), and roll over tummy-to-back and back-to-tummy. My days are filled with gurgles and smiles...and PUKE.

Yes, he is a Happy Vomiter. I don't know how I lucked out with having both children vieing for the role of Linda Blair in The Exorcist, but it seems that the die were loaded against me from the very beginning. Fortunately for me, Mini-Ping (most of the time) is not even in the same league as his older sister was for the first 8 months of her life. However, some days I can tell he is perturbed with his second-class status as Vomiter of the Year and makes pathetic attempts to take over her crown.

Big sister Pinglet has grown-up in leaps and bounds this past year. She's lost that toddler-look and now looks and acts like the big sister she is. She's in a funny stage at the moment, cracking jokes, doing puzzles, "helping out" in the kitchen, and playing with her "Barbie doll" (as she calls it...I call it a random doll picked up in the 100 yen store that started falling apart the minute it was removed from the packaging). When I call her my little baby girl, she is quick to remind me: "I'm NOT a baby, Mommy. I'm a BIG girl!" And she's right.


This year, because Mini-Ping is quite little, we decided to spend Christmas and New Year's in Japan. With the exception of a major three-year-old meltdown on New Year's Eve, I actually enjoyed the holidays more than I expected. Having kids around who believe in Santa and the magic of the holidays certainly makes being away from extended family and friends bearable. And when that doesn't work, there's always Skype!


2011 will be a busy year, if I'm to believe that I'll follow through with all my resolutions. Wishing you all the best for this year, from our family to yours!

5 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Narelle said...

Great to see you back in blog world Chris!!! Looking forward to reading your posts :)

gaijinwife said...

OMG - double checked when saw you had posted :)
Best wishes for a fabulous 2011. It will be busy but I'm looking forward to seeing the mini pings in picture. And hope we can sort out a play date slash bubbles date of some sort at some stage!!

Lulu said...

Loved the photos!

Hope 2011 is a good one for you.

Anonymous said...

Aww I just found this blog. You have a beautiful family!

Gina said...

What great pictures!!!

And Happy New Year!

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review