Thursday, December 3, 2009

Doings

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 12/03/2009
It's nice to escape from the reality of Japan every now and then. Today, the Pinglet and I met up with illahee and gaijin wife for some English, Starbucks, and nachos at the Hard Rock Cafe. Unfortunately, GW had to leave early so rather than the 12-course meal I had envisioned, I had to settle for a hurried catch-up in between the clothes racks at the Gap while trying to control a whining Pinglet who only wanted to "see da baby, see da baby" (GW's Ryu). I ended up having to promise her chocolate for lunch to get her to stop the incessent whining, which resulted in her having french fries and a chocolate shake as her main meal of the day. Score points for being the bestest mommy in the world, but not so much on the healthy meter.

Lately, the Pinglet has been testing the limits of what she can get away with. I've become immune to her once-a-day tantrums, complete with ear-piercing screams, kicking legs, and rolling around on the floor, which of course, have to take place in the most public of places. She so does love an audience. My particular choice of dealing with her when she turns into a screaming banshee is to put as much distance between us as possible.

Despite this, she is so much fun to be around. She loves holding hands with her little friends, especially her Frenemy. She pretends that she wants to take a walk around the neighborhood, but then ends up leading me to the supermarket where she can hang out with the other kids, running amok in the aisles. She constantly tells me about the dinosaurs that live in our kitchen (apparently). She threw up because she was laughing so hard the other day. I always wonder how someone so little can completely light up the world around her.

Well, when she's not peeling the paint off the walls with her screeching tantrums. I wonder where tomorrow's meltdown will be taking place...

5 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Anonymous said...

she's a love....mom

thefukases said...

I have a theory about tantrummers- they're passionate kids. Meg is a star at tantrums but also laughs like she's going to burst, jumps around with excitement, gets dolefully sad and just feels everything on a grander scale. Minus the tantrums it really is a lot of fun to be in her life!

And jealous of the meetup....

Gaijin Wife said...

Hope your theory is right Heather - means I have a house full of passionate kids (or one at least).

Did you really have nachos?? Shit, I am going to have to search high and low tomorrow for ingredients. Yum yum. I THINK I can get sour cream in the next town over.

Sorry we didn't get to catch up for any decent amount of time. Hotel. February. No husbands. Wine. Possibly (most definately) one child of mine.

kuri, ping & the pinglet said...

Heather, I agree with your theory. ;) I wouldn't change her at all. ;)

GW, yes, we really did have nachos! Opted for the 1/2 size but we should have just gone for the full size. They were heavenly!

Am totally on board for the get together...just let me know the day and I can make the booking! Have already told hub that he'll be on Pinglet duty. Ahhhh....

free classified said...

Compromise between us is only possible when I act as if you matter and, furthermore, that if you have been transgressed against at any point, that that is taken seriously and not laughed off by me.

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review