Monday, September 21, 2009

Happiest Baby on the Block

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 9/21/2009
*Disclaimer: Do not click on the links if you are the parent to a two-year-old toddler and have just gotten through a major screaming match...and no, it's not the Pinglet in the videos!

The Pinglet is the living, breathing, walking version of the definition of a two-year-old. I thought I knew what I was in for, but oh my living goddess, how naive can one person be?

The Pinglet throws tantrums three, four, five times daily for any reason she can find. My pat answer for people who are stupid enough to ask me what is could be wrong with her when they see her lying on the floor of the mall kicking, screaming, and throwing things, is that "She's 2. That's what's wrong with her."

The Pinglet is not a happy camper these days. It's a rare day to see a smile peep out from her frowning face, and laughs can't be bought for love or money. Her current favorite pastime is the bedtime tantrum. This is accompanied by her screaming and crying, "Night-night iya (no)!" and is usually followed by gagging because of the intensity of her desire to stay awake.

I've been visiting YouTube to make myself feel better. Some of the tantrums I've witnessed there have made me grateful for the more tame versions that the Pinglet throws. Well, most of the time.

Only a few more years of this until she's a teenager. Something to look forward to, I guess...

8 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

thefukases said...

Ohh I have two champion tantrummers, too. The looks of shock on the faces of people without children/ with little babies was almost worth it....

Anonymous said...

just remember.....it's all a phase!
Love Mom

Sara said...

........
and i thought newborns were bad

hang in there kuri-chan - i'm sure she'll get that smiley back sooner or later

Mande's J-Life said...

I know you don't believe this now, but it is probably a phase. They will lessen with time, hopefully. In the meantime, invest in ear plugs and find some ways to treat yourselve...like go into the kitchen and eat a bowl of ice cream until her tantrum is over.

fiftystorms said...

Hi there,

My name is Elizabeth... I believe I came here by way of Lulu's journal sometime during this past summer... for some reason I haven't had the chutzpah to leave you a comment until now, sorry for being shy!

Anyway, I read your blog all the time, I it's absolutely hysterical. Your little pinglet sounds like a handful... at least she's quite an adorable one! ;)

As for me, you could say I'm a "fresh of the boat" expat in Japan... I have just started my journey here in Chiba with my soon to be husband, Tatsuya.

If you don't mind, I would really love to add you to my blogroll... any opportunity I can get to remember to read your blog is always well-rewarded ;D

Thanks,

Elizabeth

free classified said...

I don't have any baby sun block right now but I have a lot of regular sun block. So I'm just wondering if I need to go out and buy the baby stuff or if I can use what I have.

free classified said...

Which book is better: Happiest Baby on the Block or Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child?

stair lift said...

nice quote dear..i love babies..

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review