Saturday, August 8, 2009

Random bits and pieces

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 8/08/2009
I just spent the past night having the shit scared out of me by Stephen King's newest(?...well, new in Japan at least) novel, Duma Bay. I have a love/hate relationship with Mr. King, in that I can't put his novels down, but tend to curse him in the wee hours of the morning when I have to go downstairs in the gloom to go potty.

Hmmm...going potty. Strange how my vernacular has changed since the Pinglet arrived on the scene.

I always thought that I would be one of those parents who would respect their kid's privacy and not blab about how she went to the bathroom ALL.BY.HERSELF! to the internet-at-large. Yeah, whoops. Well, hopefully she'll have a sense of humor about the whole "post-my-life-on-the-internet-for-all-to-see-so-I-have-to-relocate-to-an-unknown-island-in-the-Pacific." We shall see.

This year's "summer vacation" was a one-night stay at a local resort, a far cry from our first-class trips to Venice. We spent a nice day and evening at the beach, chowing down on (spicy) chicken fingers, which proved to be our undoing the next morning, as the Pinglet decided to let loose with some vomiting action to usher in the daylight hours. I determined that she was not so ill as to require a trip to the doctor since, in the intervals between heaving, she was inquiring about lunch.

We are in for a rough ride for the next couple of weeks. The Pinglet's Frenemy #1 is abandoning us for family and Marmite on toast and illahee is still on chicken-pox watch, which leaves me with little recourse when the Pinglet starts chanting the names of the kids she wants to meet. Now. Please think of me and send a kind thought out into the universe that I will survive.

5 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

illahee said...

i'm pretty sure we're in the clear so let's meet up next week!!

April Marie Claire- Girl Japan said...

Does this mean you left the hall light on too? "wink"!

Rachel said...

We're all better too, so let me know if you're still interested in a trip down this way! We're heading to Kokura to go see HP on Wednesday

Anonymous said...

sending thoughts across the ocean :-)
Love Mom

kuri, ping & the pinglet said...

illahee, give me a call and we can set a day to meet up, OK?

April, I leave ALL the lights on when necessary...King FREAKS me out!

Rachel, I would LOVE to make it down your way! Maybe we can get a foreign wives gathering in the cards. Are GW and Jo able to meet up? I'll see if illahee wants to get together too. Am meeting up with her this week, hopefully.

Mom, thanks for the thoughts! Hopefully they'll work. :)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review