Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Insomnia

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 8/18/2009
I'm sitting here at the computer at 2AM, miraculously without a job due tomorrow, but unable to sleep because of a chronic headache that's making my head feel like it's stuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey. Why that particular vision? G-d only knows.

Last night's excursion at 2AM was due to a job that I had been procrastinating on for a week which was due this morning. I ended up finishing it at 7AM...45 minutes before the Pinglet made an appearance to start her day of incessant whining. The only redeeming point of being awake last night was to see human history in the making as Usain Bolt broke the sound barrier with his dazzling 9.58 second performance in the 100 meter. Let me say that again NINE POINT FIVE EIGHT. NINE POINT FIVE EIGHT, people! I was in awe watching him barely touch the ground as he ran through the finish line. Fantastic!

Getting back to the Pinglet...she's not in a good spot at the moment. The horrendous whining ALL.DAY.LONG., the elimination of any form of daytime napping, and the bids to show her independence by not wearing any shoes at all and electing to go naked rather than wear any clothes that I pick out for her is making me a bit batty and is most definitely connected to my headache. I know that "this too shall pass," but oh baby, sometimes I'm happy to have to go to driving school just to escape the madness. 

I have to feel sorry for Ping sometimes as he watches her for the entire weekend while I'm at school, since he's not used to her napless schedule, which just made an appearance last week. A napless Pinglet does not result in one of those toddlers you see playing happily in parenting magazines, no siree.

Final driving exam on Sunday and written exam on Tuesday...wish me luck!

5 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

illahee said...

good luck!!! will keep fingers crossed fo you!

Rachel said...

Sounds like pinglet takes after you in the sleep area! Come to Nakatsu this week! How does tomorrow sound?

Anonymous said...

good luck.....on the driving test & on the sleep situation!
Love Mom

Gaijin Wife said...

Bugger the pinglet's new schedule. You must be going insane. Amazing you can get any work done whatsoever. I can imagine that the time out of the house on your own is heaven - even if it is at the driving school going left yoshi, right yoshi or whatever it is you have to say.

Good luck for the exam!

kuri, ping & the pinglet said...

Thanks, everyone! GW, LOL...I even look forward to taking the bus there because it's QUIET. Ahhh....at least I'll be able to go back to my pilates class after driving school so I will still have some "me" time. :)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review