Thursday, August 13, 2009

Joy

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 8/13/2009
I have to put up a new post because last post was #666 and I'm a superstitious ninny.

So, hmmm...not much to report other than the fact that I'm trying to distract the Pinglet from the fact that all of her friends are away and the only playmate around in a 50-mile radius is me. This is harder than one would think.

Imagine, if you will, a 2-year-old toddler who throughout the day will casually drop a certain person's name, i.e. her Frenemy, into the conversation. Imagine that this happens, on average, 30 times a day. And then imagine that her Frenemy will not be able to meet up for another month. And then you will have an idea of the hell that is my life for the month of August.

Thankfully, illahee's self-exile with three potentially chicken-poxed-children ended this week and we met up at the local mall, where the kids converged on the amusement center conveniently located next to the kid's clothing section. This is every parents' nightmare and I always wonder to myself what the planners had in mind when they designed these things. Obviously, they wish for people to spend money because what parent can withstand the ear-shattering demands for another turn on whatever ride has just been vacated.

The Pinglet favorite part of the amusement area is the merry-go-round. She would probably stay on it the entire day if my wallet could withstand the hit. Alas, such is not the case, but this photo pretty much captures her frame of mind when she's on it.

I love the look of pure joy on her face. It stuns me every time I see it and I love that I could be the one that put it there.

4 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Rachel said...

Not so bad...the play area in Waseda shopping town in Oita is next to the TOY SHOP and McDonalds. A total nightmare

Lulu said...

Wow, she really does love that merry go round!!!!!!!!!!!

The princess crown certainly adds to her "joy" I think.

kuri, ping & the pinglet said...

Rachel, that is TOTALLY evil.

Lulu, thanks! I love that she picked out the princess crown on her own from all the options she had available. :)

Anonymous said...

Hugs & kisses to my little princess!
Love Mom

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review