Saturday, August 1, 2009

Happy belated birthday, Baby Pinglet

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 8/01/2009
Well, I finally got around to having the Pinglet's second birthday party.

She had a ball with her little friends playing in the pool and with the bare minimum of fights over what toys belong to whom, how long so-and-so can use said toy, and spillage of various liquids on my (very-hard-to-clean-pain-in-the-ass) floor. The Pinglet enjoyed the day very much, which ended with dinner at an udon (noodle) restaurant because I frankly couldn't be bothered to cook after hosting 5 toddlers at chez-moi. This was followed by some actual action on the potty later in the evening (for the first time!).

Unfortunately, illahee couldn't make it with her potentially-chicken-poxed-children. However, the pool will hopefully be making some more appearances before the end of summer (which looks to be in October according to the weather forecasters, who really should think about getting new jobs since they've been wrong about the weather 98-99% of the time).

In other news, driving lessons with the masses (read uni students) continue their endless march, although I am now the proud possessor of a driver's PERMIT after only 12 hours of driving lessons and 10 hours of classes. Holy crap. I don't think I went to this much school when I was IN school. Now on to the second half of my torture. Only 19 hours of driving and 16 hours of remedial classes on how not to run anyone over before I can be eligible to take my final practical and written exam.

I'll definitely be up to taking some road trips once I have that golden piece of paper. Let me know if you'd like us to visit!

7 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

illahee said...

looks like it was fun!!

had to laugh about learning how to not run over people. very useful that is!

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday pinglet!

Is that one of those super-duper slides with a pool....let me know next time you haul it out!

Christelle said...

You can drive up to visit us anytime- lots of hours practice to clock in that way :) (Too bad it didn't work that way). Happy Belated birthday Nao-chan!! Can't wait to get you and Jonah together to play one day (under Daddy's supervision of course cause I'll be off having a coffee with your Mom).

gaijin wife said...

Ditto you can drive and see us - if you can make it all the way to Kunimi you may need a bottle of wine and a futon to recover but I'm sure that can be arranged.

Five toddlers in the pool! Otsukare.

Eddie Roth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds like Nao had a wonderful day! Brings back memories of the parties you & Kar used to run for "the boys"
Love Mom

Gina said...

Happy Birthday Pinglet! : ) And good luck with driving school. : )

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review