Friday, May 15, 2009

This Old House

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 5/15/2009
Now that my translation season is sort of winding down (by which I mean that I can get more than 3 hours of sleep a night without having to worry to much about deadline), I've decided it's time to get a start on getting our house together. We've lived here for nine months and in that time, I've managed to leave my walls in the pristine condition that they were in when we moved in (My floors, on the other hand, look like they've been waxed with a lawnmower, by which I am referring to the Pinglet.)

To rectify this situation, I decided that I needed to jazz up my office a bit, since that is where I spend most of my "off" time, hard(ly) at work.

That's when I spotted this:

It's a throw pillow covered with Swarvosky crystals on top of my white couch. White on white, with a toddler in the house? is what I am sure you are thinking to yourselves. Ah, but no need to fret, my little worrywarts. This room is ALL MINE and is off-limits to those under 4 feet tall.

Of course, that's what we said about our tatami room on the first floor, which now sports chocolate stains in the floor mats.

5 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Girl Japan said...

OMG, I am drooling, drooling- I love you for the fact that you have a white sofa- Me too, I LOVE all white, it is so simple, so pristine, and am feeling the exact same about our floors...

People thought how can I keep the flow of white with two monsters-- by being creative, the sofa is not fabric, leather so we can just wipe (I did have to fix some teeth marks though) and the walls can be wiped so easily- so you can most definitely have "your style" and have monsters (so that is what I call the two I have as of recent).

Now, you must spill darling, where did you get that pillow cause I want one, I want one to go on my all white bed with my all white bedding.... (but I do not wear white)... unbelievable.

Jo Tomooka said...

I would LOVE to have a room all to myself... the thought of having anything white in our house is just too much for me right now. Enjoy your special space!

gaijin wife said...

Jealous. Can we come and lock all offspring in tatami room with chocolate stains while we scoff white wine in the white room?

Like the new blog look - must admit haven't been back for a while because the last style I could only ever read 80 percent of each sentence. This is loads more 'technology in the middle of nowhere' friendly.

kuri, ping, & the pinglet said...

gaijinwife, white wine or champagne...take your pick! Glad that the new design works better for you. :)

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous!!
Love Mom

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review