Monday, April 27, 2009

Embracing her "other" culture

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 4/27/2009
mmmm, Mmmmmm, MMMMMMMM...god, I LOVE spaghetti. I would eat it all day, every day if I could. Could there be any better invention than spaghetti? I think not!

Why do Mommy and Daddy even bother with forks and spoons? It's easier to eat it like this. Pick up a clump of spaghetti with one or two hands, lean very far forward to make sure you don't drop any of it on the floor, and shovel it into your mouth, like so. I've included a visual just in case you're not clear on the process. Everything tastes better when you use your hands. No need to bother with utensils. They're just more things to wash later.

Wait, Daddy looks like he's getting to the bottom of his plate. Um, Dad? Yeah, the rest of that is for me. Don't eat it all because I'll be working on your plate when I'm finished with this here. Great, glad we're on the same page.

I heard Mommy and Daddy discussing a place they want to visit again someday where apparently I can eat spaghetti every.single.day. Where, oh where, is this magical land of which you speak? When can we go?

Until that day, I shall have dreams of spaghetti (and tortellini and fettucini and angel hair pasta) twirling and spinning their way from the pot to my plate, and wait for that moment when we step off the plane in that magical land. Til then, I'll just have to deal with the poor excuse for Italian food that my Mom makes, and hope for better times ahead.

4 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Rachel said...

Lena's long-lost cousin! We tease Lena about actually being Italian, her favorites are spaghetti bolognese and lasagne.

She must do the same with noodles? Erica LOVES somen!

Obviously we're back from NZ..what are your plans for golden week?

Anonymous said...

I love this video!! It captured the moments perfectly.
Love Nana

Lulu said...

Oh so cute!

You can see her delight!

Danielle said...

too darn cute. I have a feeling Nate will attack sketti the same way. Why use a fork?

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review