Sunday, April 12, 2009

Dawn of a new day

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 4/12/2009
I lived every mom's dream today...a lie in until 11:30AM! (I know...put your eyeballs back into your head.) Ping decided to give me a break from the past week of wiping up vomit and diarrhea (the Pinglet's and my own) and took her out to play all morning. I emerged from my bedroom blinking in shock when I saw that it was almost time for lunch and the two of them were nowhere in sight. They returned in the early afternoon, when I was in for more of a treat...the Pinglet was already asleep and off to her bedroom for a 2 hour nap!

I had just whiled away the morning doing a bit (a very little bit) of spring cleaning upstairs, going online, and reading a book, so I decided to use the afternoon to trim the bushes around our yard. It went nicely until I almost sliced off my little finger. A few Bandaids did the trick, although it was touch and go there for a minute when I thought I might need stitches because of the bleeding. But I taped all my limbs back together and all was fine, thank the goddess, because I certainly didn't want to have to go wake up the kidlet(s) and drag them off to the emergency room on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.

We spent the rest of the afternoon going to the park to see the last of the cherry blossoms (photos up at Flickr!) and ended the day with a fantastic dinner at a great seaside Italian restaurant. Ping and I felt like we were back in Venice again, albeit surrounded by Japanese people and with the Pinglet in tow. She chowed down on minestrone soup, foccachia, grilled tuna, and spaghetti and ate more than Ping and I combined. She was only missing a wine glass and she would have been right at home with her caro amici in Italy (BTW, don't forget to check out the spaghetti video during Nana's visit to see what you've been missing out on not dining with our family. You'll be clamoring for an invite to our next dinner party.)

Wishing all who celebrate Easter a wonderful day tomorrow!

5 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Midori said...

11.30??? THAT is my idea of true heaven!! Very jealous!! Very impressed with your hub as well for pulling it off. My ex would promise to let me lie-in (I think it happened twice the whole time we were together) but I would invariably get woken up by the noise as he tried to get Joey out of the house so it was totally pointless! BIG brownie points to Ping for letting you have a proper rest!!

Lulu said...

Wow, I don`t even get to sleep until 11:30am anymore- JEALOUS! Sounds fantastic.

Good on Ping for letting you have your rest and for taking the pinglet out.

Off to check out your cherry blossom pics!

Helen said...

I basically forgot about Easter again this year. No one celebrates it up here and I've never been that into it, so I didn't either.

Congrats on the sleep in. I tend to do that every Sunday (don't hate me!)

thefukases said...

Wow. 11:30? But you deserve it. Pinglet probably owes you about a year and a half of Sunday lie-ins, hey?

Anonymous said...

and the pictures were beautiful! Love Mom

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review