Monday, March 9, 2009

She's BAAAAACKKKKK!!!

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 3/09/2009
God help me...the Happy Vomiter is back! Hopefully for only one day, but still, it was scary just how quick I went into Vomit Mode and checked the Pinglet to make sure she was OK, cleaned her up, cleaned the floor, and kept the other diners from noticing that my daughter had basically turned into the Exorcist. I'm pretty amazing, if I do say so myself.

The Pinglet has days where she falls asleep in the stroller when we're out. Those of you who know about my trials with the Pinglet and getting her to sleep anywhere will understand just how smug I am when I see people having to carry their sleeping children. How quickly we forget.

As ever with my one-minded focus on the Pinglet's sleeping habits, I've had to change her nap schedule (again) since whenever we're home, she'll sleep for about two hours, and then be awake until 1AM. When we're out, she'll only sleep for 30 minutes and will then go to bed at a relatively normal hour at night.

Today was one of those days. She passed out in her stroller and although I was outwardly calm, smiling with a beatific Madonna-like smile at all who passed, I was really pumping my fist in the air and saying, Yes! Yes! in my mind. Millions of plans ran through my mind. What should I do? Where should I go? I decided to go to a small cafe, text some friends, and read a book all in the 30 minute span of time I had (Hey, you gotta take what you can get.)

I had just ordered a nice cup of tea and some scones with blueberry jam and cream (yum!) when I look down at the Pinglet in her stroller, sleeping like an angel. As I was watching, she coughed a few times, woke up and then proceeded to vomit everywhere...just as my tea and food arrived. After making sure that she was finished with her spewing and posing as a maid, I sighed as I watched her give me a big smile, and then went back to my (now-I-have-to-stuff-this-food-into-my-mouth-before-the-Pinglet-gets-her-hands-on-it) "leisurely" tea and ate with one hand while trying to restrain the Pinglet since she now likes to dip her hands into water glasses, pick up pieces of ice, and puzzle out where it goes when it melts.

Someday, I WILL be able to have tea and scones without having to hide a bag of vomit and pretending not to notice the foul smells coming from my nearby vicinity. That day WILL come, right?

5 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Jo Tomooka said...

That day will definately come! I didn't see my two after school/kindgarten until dinner time. I have no idea what they were doing, but I am no longer scared when there is silence in the house....
Sorry we missed you at Rachels last week. I hope we can meet up again soon.

Gina said...

Awww, yes that day really will come, I promise you! : ) When mine were that little, it was almost hard to believe it would come too, but it really really will. : ) Hang in there! : )

Girl Japan said...

Doesn't that put a damper on scones and afternoon tea? lol

But, when the time does come around and you have your afternoon tea with crumpets it will feel like utter bliss..

kuri & ping said...

Jo, oh yes, the silences...I went into my bedroom one day and found her covered in one of my lipsticks...all over her shirt, my sheets, her pants. It was the last time I was comfortable with silence in the house. LOL

Gina, thanks! I will hang in there...I know the days will come eventually. :)

Girl Japan, Yes, actually vomit does put a damper on afternoon tea. How did you know? ;)

Christelle said...

You are so FUNNY- definitely you should be writing a book or at the very least a few magazine articles!

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review