Friday, December 5, 2008

Pretty pumpkin girl

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 12/05/2008

Pretty pumpkin girl, originally uploaded by aurora94.

It's been a long couple of weeks. The Pinglet has kept us on our toes starting off with a cold right after getting her flu shot, followed by strep throat, and then by a stomach virus (which she also gave to Ping and I).

She's now almost fully recovered, but has decided that being awake between the hours of 4AM and 7AM works well with her schedule. I wouldn't even mind it so much (well, OK, I would still mind it), but she screams and cries the entire time. Looking at her photo, can you even picture her doing that? She's already studying up on her Japanese culture on honne and tatemae.

On another note, she has a growth on her eyelid that's gotten exponentially larger in the past month and a half. In our first, second, and third opinions, the doctors have all said that they don't know what it is, and it will have to be removed. In the past week, it's grown a bit more and changed color so we've scheduled surgery for her on the 12th. For an adult, it would normally be taken off with a local, but since she's so little (and horrible at the doctor in addition), she needs to get a general and will be in the hospital for 2 nights. Cue memories of last year's surgery for an ovarian hernia.

On the upside, she's now entirely off her bottle! I can't believe she's not a baby anymore, my little baby. :) Your kids are always your babies though, aren't they?

5 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Gina said...

Good morning and shaking my head in agreement with what you said...

"Your kids are always your babies though, aren't they?"

Exactly!!! You hit the nail on the head with that, you really did! My sons, are 3 and 7 years old. And they both are still my babies. Probably always will be, in my heart. : )

And the picture of the Pinglet, is just beautiful! She is going to be a heartbreaker when she grows up!: )

illahee said...

that is a beautiful picture! love the look!

Coffeegrl said...

Yikes! Surgery not once but twice on your baby? I applaud your ability to hold it together and hand her over to the doctors at all! I was freaked out about our recent visit to the hospital with our little one and it wasn't even that big of a deal in the end...Best of luck on the 12th!

kuri & ping said...

Thanks! I like this photo myself. :) She will always be my baby, just like I'm sure that me and all my brothers and sisters are still my mom's and dad's babies. :)

Coffeegrl, I saw your post about visiting the doctors. You know when something is wrong with your child and just have to push your way to the doctors here. I've learned to ask about medications and procedures before they do them, but I am sure that the Pinglet had many an unnecessary procedure before I got to that point. :)

Cha-chan said...

Poor Pinglet! I can't believe she has to have ANOTHER surgery! Stay strong and I'll be sending good surgery vibes!

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review