Saturday, November 22, 2008

The terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 11/22/2008
Ever read that book when you were a kid? I'm sure we've all had those kinds of days.

From start to finish, that was my day today with the Pinglet. Perhaps it was the constant whining that began before 7AM and lasted until right before she closed her eyes to go to sleep. Perhaps it was the clinginess that lasted for those 12 hours. Perhaps it was the fact that she cried when a child attempted to use a toy that she perceived as her own, even though she had already finished playing with it and was on the other side of the store. Perhaps it was a visit from every woman's favorite Aunty (and you ladies know what I mean).

Or perhaps it was the finale of having to care for a crying child (not my own) after getting home who caught her foot in the spokes of her bike or (yet) a(nother) child throwing a fit because they didn't want to share...again, not my own child, but never fear; those days are a' coming.

The Pinglet must have sensed that she went a bit too far today because she ended the day by chatting softly and smiling at me, while she patted my face during our nightly dance before bed. With that little smile, she just erased the last 12 hours and made me forget what exactly it was that I was so peeved about. 

The little stinker.

5 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

illahee said...

i hear ya!

sorry i couldn't meet up today, hopefully next week! and we're looking forward to sunday!

Rachel said...

That's so sweet! She knew you were feeling bad and tried to make it better.

I have that book if you want to borrow it.

tamakikat said...

I loved the ending of 'The terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day' story:)

TK

Anonymous said...

loved this post
love mom
Happy Thanksgiving!

thefukases said...

They really do seem to know when they've been particularly horrid, don't they? Amy got out of bed for the umpteenth time yesterday and then just gave me a cuddle, said I love you, and toddled back to bed by herself!

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review