Monday, November 17, 2008

Mud pies

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 11/17/2008
Today, Ping, the Pinglet and I spent the day at the park, where we let the Pinglet get loose in all her toddler glory.

In sharp contrast to the cpnstant volley of warnings I heard other parents giving their children about the dangers of wandering too far and picking up things they shouldn't, the Pinglet was a blur as she zipped around, picking up a leaf here, a flower petal there.

And splashing around in puddles left on manhole covers. Suffice it to say, we ended up having to change her pants, shirt, socks, and dry out her shoes in the foyer.

But what's a little laundry (and perhaps a pair of shoes that might have seen better days) compared to the joy we saw on her face as she explored her little world?

3 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Gina said...

Yup, I agree, mud pies are fun! And kids should be allowed to get dirty and have fun like that once in a while. My oldest climbs trees and rolls through leaves and rides his bike through leaves to hear the crunch from the Fall leaves these days. And my youngest went through a phase over a year ago, where he sucked on rocks from outside! Blech! What the heck??? LOL! Thank goodness he no longer sucks on rocks. Ha ha. But yeah kids should be allowed to just be kids.

And some of my fondest memories of my own childhood would be of my mom baking a pie in the kitchen and me outside with another of her pie tins and I would be "baking" my own mud pie! With grit in between my fingers nails and all! It was so much fun!

You are a good mom!!! : )

Anonymous said...

How much fun that must have been!! Sounds like she absolutely had a ball
Love Mom

Sara said...

Its like one of those old Mastercard commericials!!

I think its little things like that which are important! I hope you took pics!

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review