Friday, October 3, 2008

And it begins

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 10/03/2008
A short message from the Pinglet:
"digjiaojigjrioajigodjifjajfojgihaijdifjeoaijfiojgiahiofjodij bye fdaiofjgijasiojgiaosg"

She said "bye!" Her first word (well, if you don't count her saying the word "red" randomly on her first birthday with Bapu)!! She said it to Ping today when he left. 

It was so quiet I thought I didn't hear it, and of course, no amount of cajoling would get her to say it again. 


See that hand at the left-hand corner? That's me. It looks like I'm restraining the Pinglet from eating strawberries and cream on a scone, but it's really me reaching for my fifth one. I have to keep the Pinglet safe from eating dangerous foods, don't I?

5 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Girl Japan said...

Wow, congrats on her first word, I love the cute pucker she is making with her mouth.. is that raspberry she is eating?

kuri & ping said...

Nope! Not a raspberry...she just makes that face a lot. I call it her fish face. :)

Those were strawberry and cream scones...yummmm...

Girl Japan said...

Yum!!! Cream Scones.... I have not made scones is a long time.... scones are so delish....you can do so much with them.

gaijin wife said...

Is your scone making to be blamed on Rachel too?? Have finally eaten all mine so might be time for another batch. Friend sent me a recipe that has can of lemonade in it - and no rubbing butter into flour so might have to give that a go.

Belinda Herod said...

First words are so cute! :) It wont be long and she'll be talking up a storm! Darcy is fairly consistently doing 3 words per day now! Scary !!! Just wait til she says uncute phrases like "No way" LOL! Or when they know they've done a poo but don't want a nappy change so say 'No poo' . Ah - fun times! ;-)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review