Thursday, May 1, 2008

The sleep of the just

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 5/01/2008
I feel like Ping and I are residing in one of Dante's circles of hell. There isn't a better way to describe the sheer torture of trying to transition the Pinglet back from our bed to her crib, a place she regards as fun to look at, especially during the day, but meh, not so much when the lights go out.

Added to this is the fact that she is:
  • Starting to eat three meals a day
  • Trying to cut one of her (ever dwindling) naps (I don't think so, missy.)
  • "Cruising", because you know, only being able to move around by crawling at ground-level just isn't cutting it anymore and surely, nine months is a good time to get a head-start on walking upright just like that Mommy-person and Daddy-person do.
  • Expanding her babbling repetoire from repeating "dada" twelve million times a day to saying "nana". Ping of course believes that she is saying his name when she says Dada and I'm like, Ooooooookkkkkkkaaaayyyyy. You let me know when you train pulls in from Delusional Land and I'll come pick you up. But of course, when she says "nana", she's calling my name, right?

She's also discovered little babies. She loves them. LOVES them. I'm not too sure that she understands that she's one of them. I think she thinks that she's like the Ping and I, just a miniaturized version but with much fewer rights.

8 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

illahee said...

a girl who knows her own mind. LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

what a great picture!
Love Mom

Lulu said...

That is such a sweet picture!

Both my brother and I walked at 9 months! I think my mother was horrified!

Best of luck with putting her back in the crib!

Trisha said...

Such a sweet face. At least she keeps things interesting, right?

Christelle said...

Yeah, I gotta agree it's hard to believe that such a sweet face like the one we see in the photos and video you post is capable of creating "Dante's Hell on Earth". I recall hearing mention of back arching, blood curdling cry/screaming???? Hmmm. Hard to believe. I think we'll need some video/photo proof of that! :)

Christelle said...

In re-reading my already posted response, I'd like to clarify that I agree that is a sweet face looking back at me from the photo- and thus it is hard to believe she can be anything but sweet. Anyways, looking forward to more videos too (both dh and I), sweet or otherwise. You should enter some of your photos into a contest by the way, hard to imagine you wouldn't win!

Sara said...

Nao, nao... storms are brewing in your eyes...

Nao, Nao... no time is a good time for goooood-byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

(sorry... 9am brain = no sense...)
but she is a cutie pie!!!

Belinda Herod said...

Sorry you're going thru 'hell' . I don't have a baby that has sleep issues. I don't know what amazing thing we did to have got that trait in our child - but I'm glad about it!

It's cute when they first start cruising, isn't it? Probably means she'll be walking in about 6 weeks or so....so get ready! This is when it gets REALLY fun. No , wait - that's when they are RUNNING and don't even remember how to walk!

Enjoy all these moments and milestones! :)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review