Sunday, March 2, 2008

Catching up

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 3/02/2008
*poof* Just brushing a little dust off the computer keys. Ahem, hi, it's me. Coming out from lurkdom to make an actual post (Question: Can you lurk on your own blog? Discuss.) and to thank everyone for all the comments you've posted, even though I've taken the easy way out and just put up videos or photos of the Pinglet and counted that as "updating my blog."


It's been a busy couple of months with adjusting to a constantly changing baby and translation work coming in left and right. It would be perfect if I could shut myself in a little office to get things done, but of course, the Pinglet wants Mommy to dakko, dakko, dakko all the time so until I can figure out how to grow another arm, working during the day is not in the cards.

My work "day" starts about 11:30 at night and lasts until about 3AM or later when there's a deadline. I figure I'm putting in a 19-hour day, counting all the jobs I have during the daylight hours: maid, laundress, chef, doctor, teacher, nanny... I was always a big sleeper--it runs in the family--and never realized that I could get by on so little sleep. Perhaps in the remaining hours of my 24-hour day, I can do some research on this.

But first, to bed!

3 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Gina said...

That really is true, I also never knew we could survive on such little sleep myself. So, I hear ya! : ) And oh man, I recall that dakko/hold me/carry me phase, all too well. I can totally relate to this post! : )

Sara said...

Nice to see you back!!

I didn't know you did 在宅翻訳 thats what I've been considering once I end up moving to the wilds on Niigata.. I may have a few questions for you if you would be so kind to bestow your knowledge upon me!

Christelle said...

Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I love reading your blog- it always makes me laugh or at least smile (usually lol). Glad you're back!

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review