Monday, February 18, 2008

Never did I think...

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 2/18/2008

Never did I think that I could function on so little sleep (Sleep? What's that? I seem to remember the days when I would sleep until noon.)

Never did I think that such a small person would take over my apartment, my days, and my entire life, in addition to the remote control, my cell phone, and anything I happen to be carrying on my person.

Never did I think that someone so small could make me laugh, working so hard but getting absolutely nowhere.

Never did I think that I could contort my body in order to change a dirty diaper (and get inflammed tendons in both my wrists as a result).

Never did I think that the past 7 months would be the happiest of my life and that I have years and years to look forward to.

Never did I think that I would be so blessed.

* BTW, this is a photo of her in her christening outfit. We've been trying to get her baptized for the past 6 months, and apparently, she might be baptized at the end of March. I'm not sure her outfit will still fit, so I decided to take a photo just in case.

4 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Christelle said...

Aw, this post made me cry (pregnancy hormones). I'm glad to hear you are enjoying your cute cute baby girl so much. I love my sleep but look forward to loving our baby more!

Amber said...

Isn't it amazing that something so little could be heaven on earth?

Belinda said...

I understand where you're coming from :) You have your bad days and trying times, but for the most part the little one we waited 6 yrs for has just given my life something beyond my wildest dreams!

I'm sorry to hear that she still isn't such a good sleeper. I have to admit I was one of the lucky ones when it came to that. I hope she turns into a snoozy baby soon!

Heidi said...

I just found your blog, but I had to comment on this one, especially one of your points. Yes, it is amazing how you adjust to little-to-no-sleep. (I never thought I could, now I can't remember what it's like to sleep through a night and my kidlets are 3.5 and 5!) But it was your comment about having years and years to look forward to that struck a chord in me since I remember having that thought after my daughter was about the age yours is now. I remember looking forward to watching her walk, hearing her call me mommy (now I wish they'd both STOP saying it for a while), seeing her draw her first person, tree, house, flower, watching my son "drive" his cars around on the floor, taking them to Disneyland for the first time, first movie, etc, etc, etc. And let me tell you I love EVERY one of those moments.

We still have so much to look forward to with our two. Enjoy them all!

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review