Saturday, December 15, 2007

Disjointed, fragmented, and sleep-deprived

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 12/15/2007
This is so NOT a good combo.

I want my sleeper back. No, check that. I NEED my sleeper back. Since her surgery, the Pinglet's decided that she wants to be up. All. The. Time. Gone is my 10-hour, through the night sleeper. Gone are what little naps she used to take during the day. Is it possible that the doctors accidentally operated on her brain instead of her abdomen? I think I'll bring this up with them at her 3 month post-surgery appointment. If I can last that long.

And on top of this, my Happy Vomiter has returned! I'm thrilled that I can continue to bring up this little issue with all the doctors that I see. I'm hoping that she'll eventually do a on-site performance when we're at the doctor's office so they don't think that I'm a mental patient. Today at her 4 month check-up (which she passed with flying colors, clocking in at 14lbs, 15oz (6.7kg), 24.6 inches (62.5cm)), I kindly informed the nurse that she might want to protect her clothes when she took the Pinglet to be weighed, in case she decided to vomit. Nevermind that she ate 2 hours before. The nurse came out to the waiting room with her after she was finished and happily informed me that the Pinglet didn't vomit anywhere. As I take her from the nurse and the nurse turns away (remember this part before reading on!), the Pinglet decides to let forth with a full-force 5 vomit that got my shirt, pants, shoe, and went splat! on the floor. And, no, she didn't get anything on herself. And, of course, none of the medical staff at the office saw this...because apparently I'm delusional. I wish I was. My laundry basket is piled so high with clothes--for me and Ping--that need to be washed.

Um, when you start to talk about how much laundry you have to do on your blog, it's time to change the subject. So let me tell you a bit about what's going on in my neighborhood...

I have to wonder about town planning in Japan. It's always puzzled me that there are no street signs, yet the post office always knows exactly where to deliver packages (except if you are my friend travellingcari and have those packages returned to you for reasons unknown except by Japan Post). I think directions in this country are complicated even further by the fact that there is no rhyme or reason to where things are located.

For example, outside my station, there are two empty lots which originally housed a karaoke joint, which I never visited because I could never find anyone to go with me. They closed down about 2 years ago and were replaced by a local food co-op and a tofu store.

In the last 2 weeks, another building has just gone up right next to the co-op. I figured it would be some kind of local food place since that's what the other two buildings are. No, Mrs. Foreigner! You're wrong, yet again! You cannot grasp the fine inner-workings of Japanese society, is what I'm hearing in my head at the moment. Because the new building going up is...an ear-nose-throat doctor's office! Because obviously, on your way home from work, before you pick up some tofu and local produce, you'll want to get the wax cleaned out of your ears.

Random Thought # 6,305,890,111

I just saw an advertisement for a new movie called Slither. I thought it was a joke, but apparently it's real. If I were to pursue an acting career, I don't think I'd like to include that little gem on my resume: "Kuri as slug-infested human #7." Maybe it's just me though.

2 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

dongurigal said...

She may not sleep any longer, but she sure is a cutie.

Still! Hope you get some sleep soon.

Carianne said...

"town planning in Japan"

oxymoron to the nth degree. I'd drive the cabbies nuts when I lived between ShinOsaka station and Nishinakajima-minamigata. The Nishi... cabbies knew my place but the Shin Osaka ones wouldn't even believe my map that I had drawn up by a friend. And forget it when I took a work cab home...

*HUGS*

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review