Monday, November 19, 2007

Question of the day

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 11/19/2007
How is it that I can make it through natural childbirth with not even a tylenol to ease the pain, but whimper and PULL AWAY when a q-tip is inserted into my nose?

I ended up at the emergency clinic the other night because I had a fever that came on suddenly and thought it might be the flu (hence the q-tip test). The test was negative so instead I'm off to get a flu shot this weekend.

I had the flu once when I first came to Kyushu in 1994. All I remember was crawling around on the floor of my apartment because I was so miserable and wanting my mother to fly over to take care of me.

This will be my first ever flu shot. I'm a bit worried about how I'm going to handle it, considering that I can't even deal with the flu test. I hope I don't start weeping when they break out the foot-long needle. Eek.

1 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

coarse gold girl said...

That flu test is an interesting thing. If you found a doctor who gently swabs your nose--go to him/her for the test and no one else. I finally found a doctor who lets my family sneeze on the Q-tip. We have gone to other doctors who I swear to God were attempting to swab our BRAINS through our noses. . . OUCH. My oldest daughter even once ended up with a bleeding nose from the experience.

Laura

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review