Thursday, November 8, 2007

I Will Survive

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 11/08/2007
Don't you love this song? Tell me, what woman doesn't storm out onto the dance floor with fire in her eyes, belting out: "So now GO! Walk out the DOOR! Just turn around now, cause you're not welcome anyMORE!"

Well, I've survived my second cold with the Pinglet. I feel like an old pro at this, considering her first cold occured when she was 3 weeks old. Thank the goddess that my parents were around to gently ease Ping and I into our secondary roles as doctors.

We ended up having to cancel her surgery because of her cold but since she's finally over it (or at least at the very tail-end), we'll call the hospital on Monday and reschedule. I'll have to get prepared again for this so I hope they don't tell us that they have an opening on Monday afternoon, and could we get ourselves over to the hospital quick, quick, quick?


To completely fill out our medical journey, I also got to visit the doctor this morning because I have a rash on my scalp. It's like cradle cap, but for adults. Figures that I would come down with an infant's skin problem. Apparently, together with my post-partum hair loss, this rash is causing additional hair loss (temporary, at least). And what is the rash caused by? A hormonal imbalance, of course!

The Pinglet is looking good, at least. No cradle cap or hair loss for her, although she doesn't really have too much hair to begin with.

2 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Tigermama said...

I`m happy to hear that you and the bub are over the cold. I hope you can get in for the surgery quickly. You don`t want that hanging over your heads indefinitely. And I do remember well all the hormone imbalances that occur during those first months. It`s disconcerting, isn`t it?! Take care!

Granny said...

Sorry to be away so long. It's been a little frantic around here.

Hope she's soon over the cold and you can put the surgery behind you (and her). I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

I'd never heard of pregnancy hair loss. What a bummer.

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review