Monday, November 5, 2007

Hairy situation

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 11/05/2007
Do you know what is worse than having to vacuum three times a day? It's having to vacuum three times a day because of all the hair falling out of your own head.

I am losing all my golden locks from when I was pregnant. OK, they're not golden, nor are they locks, but how do you make "mousy brown, frizzy hair" sound appealing?

I was not one of those happy pregnant women. I never did get that pregnant glow and considering that I was pregnant during the height of summer, I wasn't exactly living it up. The only thing that did work out for me was that my hair grew at an amazing speed. Of course, because I wasn't getting it colored regularly, it wasn't very nice to look at, but I was thrilled that my hair was so thick.

Well, it's payback time. Last week, my hair started falling out at an incredible rate. I'm surprised that I'm not bald. I went to the hairdresser the other day, and now think that it was a waste of time and money. Although I can see what a good job my hairdresser did every time I clean out the drain.

I'm starting to fear that Nao, my little linebacker (see photo) and I are starting to look a little too much like each other.

5 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Belinda said...

Don't panic, Chris. You're definitely not going to go bald! You'll only lose the hairs you would have lost during that 40 week period....instead, you're losing it all in one go, instead of gradually over 8-9 months.

It's totally normal and it will stop eventually! :)

midori said...

I remember that stage, it was most traumatic and I ended up cutting my hair alot shorter so that I didn`t notice it as much. Belinda is right though, you WON`T go bald! It is just a sign of your body returning to normal!

liina said...

I remember those days :|

illahee said...

i also cut my hair short--from small-of-my-back long to chin-length bob after starting to lose my hair after hiro was born. i never thought i was going to go bald, but i really didn't know i had that much hair to lose!! i hope the hair-loss eases up soon.

Miranda said...

If your hair loss is mild to moderate, the most important thing to do is weigh the immediate stressors in your life against how much support you're giving your body.
See if something from the following can be useful for you.
• Eliminate dietary causes of hair loss
• Address vitamin deficiency hair loss
• Consider herbal supplements
• Scalp massage and acupuncture can be helpful
• Balance your hormones
• Examine your emotional health and your relationship with anger
• See your health care provider
I know that women who experience hair loss can feel embarrassed and be anxious that they do not have the "crowning glory" they would wish for - or that they feel they should have. Also hair replacement surgery can enhance your appearance and your self-confidence, but the results won't necessarily match your ideal. Before you decide to have surgery, think carefully about your expectations and discuss them with your surgeon.

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review