Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Shitty day

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 10/24/2007
I was feeling pretty good the other day, thinking I was getting the hang of this mothering thing. Nao cries? Well, which cry is it? Oh yes, it's the hungry cry. Cries again 30 minutes later? Oh yes, she wants her diaper changed. Woo, I am The Baby Whisperer in human form.

And then, Tuesday's diaper slapped me across the face, bringing me to my senses.

There was poop everywhere...EVERYWHERE. I didn't know that one person could do that much in one sitting. This might have been an appropriate time for TOTO's portable washlet but unfortunately I didn't have one handy.

I was frantically trying to catch what was coming out of the sides of the diaper. I should have been able to predict what was going to happen next. I'm sure you already know.

Where did Nao strategically place her feet? Yes, you guessed it. Right into her dirty diaper.

While I was saying, "no, no, no," and trying to catch her foot before she placed it anywhere else, she took advantage of the moment to...what?

Yes, right again! Put her hands into her diaper.

And where did she try to put those hands right after? You are really on a roll! Right into her mouth.

Fortunately, I caught her before she got them even halfway there. My reflexes are getting quite good, if I do say so myself.

Nao's reaction to all this was to give her first real belly laugh and then proceed to go to sleep for nine hours. In other words Through.The.Night.

Happy Mommy = Everyone's happy

6 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Danielle said...

Apparently all that pooping was exhausting! And it is not lost on me that the title of your post had a double meaning. Love the name Pinglet - too cute.

Erin said...

I had to ask my hubby if that was normal behavior. And I did say "OH NOOO!!" out loud as I read your post.

So, my hubby (daddy to two teen girls) says, "yes it's normal)

Nancy said...

Oh just wait till your precious baby learns to take off her own diaper and proceeds to poop in her crib without notifying you for at least an hour. Those are the fun mommy times!

Congrats on the 9 hours of sleep!!!

Sarah said...

9 hours of sleep! You did it! Congratulations! Lots of exclamation points here because it is very exciting.

Is this really your first poop-out? She's been really nice to you if it is. The worst poop-out I can remember was with my second daughter, Misaki. I think she was about 3 months and her older sister was 1-1/2. On a Sunday (the busiest night) we decided to go out for dinner to a katsu restaurant that we'd been wanting to try. We had been waiting for about 30 minutes and it was almost our turn. Misaki was fussing and when I went to pick her up I realized there was poop everywhere. As I carefully inspected the damage I realized that it was everywhere, all over her carseat, all over her clothes, all the way up her back to her hairline and down her legs, too. My husband and I just looked at each other and then picked up our stuff, walked out of the restaurant and went home. We ended up getting McDonald's drive-thru for dinner instead.

We reminisce about that story all the time.

Tigermama said...

Well, at least you were well-rewarded (with the 9-hour sleep) after the horrible poo-fest!

If we are sharing stories, my son once had a leaky (explosive) poo as I was carrying him to the washroom in an American restaurant here on Okinawa. He wasn`t a newborn either so you can imagine the smell.

WendyJI said...

I had a good laugh at your sh*tty day. It's funny, but you stop worrying about poop so much after awhile. I'm glad about the laugh and the sleep!

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review