Sunday, September 16, 2007

Ye Gods!

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 9/16/2007

Today, we took Nao make her first visit to a shrine (お宮参り), so that the gods will recognize her when she goes to visit again at New Years's and to take away bad luck when she reaches a certain age.


I have no fear that the gods will not recognize her, since she yelled (quite loudly) the entire time we were in the shrine. That's my girl...make sure that everyone knows you're here.



3 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

illahee said...

looks like fun! i had to go with my in-laws... ;)

Erin said...

That's such a cool tradition! What a wonderful memory.

Mande's J-Life said...

I also had to go with my MIL but my own mom had to stand in as the "grandmother" during the ceremony because my MIL was not allowed in the temple/shrine place since she had recently had a death in the family. So, anywho, my mom was not a happy camper since she can't kneel down and she had NO clue what was going on. I have some very funny photos of her wearing that apron smock thing.

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review