Thursday, September 13, 2007

Whaaaa'??

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 9/13/2007
I realized the other day that I have no idea what day it is. I'd like to put it down to my post-partum brain, but think that my memory loss is in proportion to how much (or how little) sleep I get each day. I'm starting to understand that I will never, ever get to sleep again.

We've been having a great time with all our visitors since mid-July. First up was Dad, whose job it was to keep E7 and I from going bonkers from lack of sleep. His schedule for us looked like this:

08:00-08:15 Feed Nao
08:15-10:15 Sleep
10:15-10:30 Feed Nao
10:30-12:30 Sleep

And so on. This is only indicitive of the schedule he had us on. Please note that there was no time set aside for eating, drinking or going to the bathroom, as sleep was most important on the list. Dad ended up leaving Japan 14 pounds lighter.

Next up to visit was Mom, who arrived like sort of an emergency Red Cross air lift to drop off emergency rations. She took one look at the "schedule" (quotations are her's) that Dad has put together and informed us the minute that she arrived that it would not be continuing. No more late nights with the three of us hanging out with Nao** while she ate or decided to stay up for no reason other than to stare wide-eyed at us. No more "dieting" since the first order of business was to go to the store to stock up on food to put in the empty, cavernous refrigerator. Dad was happy that the Drill Sergent (aka Mom) was here to get us in line...and so that he could leave Japan with some meat still on his bones.

Now my sisters are visiting and their job is to make sure that we are laughing hysterically, while they try to get over jet-lag and I try to adjust to Nao-lag. They've been winning so far, but hopefully Nao-lag won't last too much longer. Surely not past her 18th birthday, right?
** Nay asked the other day what the characters for Nao's name are. We took a character from E7's name (七) and added it to this character: 央 so that in E7's way of thinking, her name means "luck" and "determination". It definitely defines her personality!

5 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

medea said...

No worries- you will sleep again. You will have a newfound appreciation of sleeping times, so a good 5 hours will feel like 10 pre-baby hours.

She's so cute!

Belinda said...

That blog has me laughing out loud!

How many times per night is she up now? Getting close to 2 mths hopefully you'll start to see a change soon.

I know how lucky I was - I was only ever up once during the night and I never really was in that zombie-state that a lot of ppl talk about. Darcy has always slept in a baby sleeping bag from about 3 mths of age and I am sure that also played a huge part in his good sleeping cos there are no sheets of blankets to kick off :-) Definitely look into one when she is 3 mths and old enough for one.D was always a good sleeper, but once we used a Grobag it extended his sleep by 2 hrs!!!!

Granny said...

It will get better, honest.

I've been catching up on all your pics. Been offline for over 3 weeks and fell behind.

She's becoming more beautiful by the day.

Cari said...

Nao lag, I ♥ it! She's so precious. I'm a bit behind, as always, but I love the jungle pics. Do you have any need for English kid books? Let me know.

kuri & ping said...

Thanks everyone! She sleeps every 4-5 hours during the night, which is pretty good. She's been doing that for the past 2 weeks so hopefully it will continue. I hate the first morning feeding though...reminds me of college and seeing the sun after pulling an all-nighter.

Cari, would LOVE English kid books!!

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review