Saturday, July 7, 2007

The Joy of Cooking

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 7/07/2007
...a baby, that is. This baby isn't even born and it's already giving me gray hair (Well, actually those have been around for a while so I guess I can't blame Baby Bo-boo for them just yet.)


I just got out of my second hospitalization for pre-term labor. I guess I should consider myself lucky that this visit was only for 4 days, rather than the previous stay of 6 days. But, in my absence, I was tagged to do a meme! It's been a long time so let's see if I can still even do them. I have to post eight random facts/habits abmout myself:

  1. I can't stand touching paper after I've been in the bath or swimming. It freaks me out.
  2. I studied French, Italian, and Spanish in high school and Japanese and Russian in college.

  3. I love reading...it's actually more like an obsession. I will read anything I can get my hands on.

  4. I have a secret obsession with genealogy. I discovered this hobby about 10 years ago and have even gotten to meet relatives from different parts of the world.

  5. I sang in an a cappella jazz group in college.

  6. I suffer from claustrophobia and try to avoid riding in crowded elevators and trains.

  7. I am quite the car expert because of the duds that I drove when I was younger. I can hear changes in the engine and fix various ailments with some special home-grown remedies.

  8. I remember getting my tonsils out when I was 2 years old, even though people have told me that I couldn't have memories from that little.

Hopefully, the next time I go into the hospital, it will be to actually get to meet this little troublemaker who's been keeping us on our toes for the past few months.

5 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Granny said...

I'm sorry you've been having problems. Not much longer to go although I'm sure it seems like an eternity to you.

I hope the rest of your time goes well.

P. S. I was probably around 4 when I had my tonsils out; I'm pushing 70 now.

I still remember bits and pieces of that day.

Belinda said...

Hey Chris

I hope that you're OK and taking it nice and easy.

Do they have any explanation for the pre-term labor issues you've had? Or both times did u just randomly start to contract and they stopped them with meds?

I could be wrong, but with all the trouble this kiddo is giving you, Im' thinking boy! Boys can be so stubbon and mischievious so that's why my guess is going that way.

If there are postiives from this, I'd guess that they would be being able to take things really easy , as well as being fairly sure you won't go overdue and have to be induced LOL!

Hopefully the remainder of your preg goes fast and without incident!

Hugs!!!

kuri & ping said...

Thanks ladies! They don't have an explanation...they thought it might be placenta previa but the placenta is lying low, but not covering the cervix. They also think it might be blood vessels in the cervix that are enlarged so when I have contractions, they get "irritated". I'll give you irritated, buddy! :)

Cari said...

:) I knew about 5!

/random comment

deenster said...

So sorry that you had to be in the hospital again, but thanks for doing this meme! I'm impressed you have studied so many languages, and #1 made me laugh because I can totally understand.

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review