Friday, July 13, 2007

The Eye of the Storm

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 7/13/2007


How much loooooonnnnnnggeeerrrrrr??? (Insert extremely whiny voice here for maximum effect.) I'm training my ears for when we travel back and forth to the U.S.

I've finally made it to 37 weeks so only a few more fat-filled happy pregnancy days until the little Bo-Boo is here!

Being in the hospital so much kind of spoiled my plans to have my hair cut and styled but now that I'm off bedrest and the medicine, I decided to make an appointment for tomorrow. And, of course, something has to come up. Yes, a very large typhoon will hit at approximately the same time as my hair appointment. Am I destined to go around with this awful scrunchie in my frizzed out hair for the rest of the summer? I can only hope that this baby doesn't decide to show up together with Typhoon Man-yi.

16 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Belinda said...

Hey Chris,
You look great! Regarding the hair - maybe it could wait until after you've had the baby? You might appreciate the pampering more then! Just a suggestion.

Question: is the baby's crib set up in an open area, or do they have a separate 'room'? I ask b/c I think I saw pics of your apartment once and there wern't really rooms? So I was of the impression that kids slept in the same area as the parents. Pls tell me if I'm wrong! I have no idea really about how things work in Japan!!

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous Chris!! Can't wait to meet you new little addition.

NB

Cha-chan said...

Hooray! You're almost there and I agree, you look great!

Hope the baby is staying put while that gigantic typhoon passes!

L. said...

I will add my voice to the chorus saying you look great, especially for a woman near the end of a pregnancy. When I was at 37+ weeks each time, you would have needed a panoramic shot to capture all of my hulking figure.

Erin said...

cute crib!!

deenster said...

Nice to "see" you, and yes, you do look great!! I hope the typhoon didn't affect you too much... We got basically just some rain here in Tokyo, though it gave me an excuse to stay in all day Sunday and do nothing. :-)

Gina said...

You look awesome. The crib looks great, seems you are all ready to bring that sweet baby home! Not much longer now! : )

medea said...

I just heard that you had a healthy baby girl! Congratulations! I hope you are both doing well and you are loving every minute of being a mom. Good luck and please let me know if there is anything I can do/bring for you!

Anonymous said...

Ohmigosh!!! Baby Ishii is here! Can't wait to hear the details - hope you all are doing great! Danielle

illahee said...

yay for a healthy girl!! congratulations!

Gina said...

Yay, a brand new baby girl! Hip hip hurray!!! Congratulations from us here in Chiba! : )

Granny said...

Just checking back to say hi and hope you're doing okay.

Erin said...

okay where is the baby!!!!!!! it's been some time since you've updated your blog!!

Midori said...

Congrats on the new addition! Can`t wait to see pictures!!

Tigermama said...

Congratulations! I hope all is going smoothly and you are enjoying your new family.

Suzan in Okinawa.

liina said...

Another one waiting to see some photos! I'm sure you've got plenty of time for that sort of stuff :) well, maybe not... So I'll be patient.

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review