Thursday, June 28, 2007

Postcards from the Edge

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 6/28/2007
Hi little Bo-boo,

How are things in your little bubble? Still staying put, I hope? (Well, at least for the next 2 weeks, but anytime after that I think I'm going to have to serve you with eviction papers unless you can figure out how to internally air condition my body to make things a bit more comfortable for dear ol' Mom here).

I am very happy that you've temporarily ceased your bid for freedom and are continuing to enjoy the 24-hour "womb service" that's being provided free-of-charge. Must be nice to have all the comforts of home at your fingertips without having to do much at all. You've made the right decision to stay put for the time being since it is much more comfortable in there than it will be out here in July and August. Well, that is, unless you're anything like your father who not only doesn't sweat even in the most brutal of heatwaves, but actually seems to thrive on how hot it is.

He sleeps like, well, like a baby, all night long while I spend the wee hours of the night getting up 5-6 times to go to the bathroom and tossing from side to side because the heat is unbearable. But getting up at night lets me catch a glimpse into exactly how active you'll be after you get here, since you seem to like to practice karate and soccer at the same time. But why at night? Why not during the day like most people? I guess this is a mystery that will be revealed in time.

We can't wait to meet you, but as your dad says somewhere in the vicinity of your ears every day, "Stay put!" So enjoy your final weeks of free food and drink, and "stay put!" until we let you know it's OK to come out. Or until you feel like you want to start moving up in the world.

Love, Mom and Dad

5 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Cari said...

Womb service, I love it! :)

Granny said...

I don't know why they turn into acrobats at night either but I've never had one who didn't.

I'll keep checking back. Wishing you all the very best.

Belinda said...

I think it's just to get you used to broken sleep for when you have to be up feeding and re-settling.

:)

Fun times ahead, my dear! LOL!

Erin said...

you have just a bit more than a month left!! Time flies! I miss your blog for awhile and you are almost due!

hubby likes the heat? I can't stand it! good for him if he can!

Laura said...

You must be so excited to meet your bub?! I remember my Mum saying how hot she got in her pregnancies.

BTW- you're tagged (see my blog- only if you have time).

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review