Sunday, June 17, 2007

Long time, no speak!

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 6/17/2007
So where have I been for the past week or so? Taking one last child-free vacation? Gorging on delicious delicacies while I can say that I have an excuse?

Don't I wish.

Nope, I spent the last week in the hospital on an IV for four days straight for threatened pre-term labor and now I can spend the rest of my pregnancy on bedrest. At least it's in my house, so I should be grateful for small favors. This was my first foray into the Japanese medical system as an "in-patient", and it was quite the experience. At least the food was good. The hospital where I'll be having the baby is famous for it's gourmet meals and it didn't disappoint!

Ping and I will be going back to the hospital on Wednesday and we hope to keep the baby in for at least the next 3 weeks. Keep your fingers crossed!

Well, since I'll be on bedrest for the duration, perhaps it's time for me to start updating my blog more often. :)

8 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Granny said...

I'm sure you'll be bored to tears with the bed rest but the longer the little squirt can be inside instead of outside, the better.

My best wishes.

Ann

Belinda said...

Hey Chris

Wow what a scary experience!

What is the cause of your preterm labour? Anything in particular like blood pressure issues? Or did you just start contracting out of nowhere for no apparent reason?

Take it nice and easy . At leat you'll have lots of time to put your feet up, read and play in Internet land :)


Take care of you BOTH!!!!

deenster said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear about the bedrest, but glad to hear everything is ok. Enjoy these last few weeks of peace while you can! :-) Take care.

Helen said...

Try to enjoy your rest. Sorry to hear about this. Do you need anything?

Midori said...

Glad you are allowed home to bedrest but please take it eay, boring though it might be! My SIL had pre-term labour around the same stage as you are now and they made her stay in hospital until 37 weeks, then they released her as it was fine for her to go into labour and my healthy niece was born the next day!

Take care

Midori

jean said...

Take care of yourself and enjoy the rest before the storm!!!

L. said...

Preterm labor must be scary, and I hope it all goes well. I can't relate -- I was two weeks overdue. It wasn't scary, but it was certainly unpleasant in its own way.


(And sorry I've been such a BAD commenter these last few months....I've reverted to a complete lurker!)

Gina said...

Please take care,if even the slightest posibility,going into preterm labor sounds really scary. Just take things nice and easy. The bed rest sounds like a good idea. : )

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review