Thursday, June 21, 2007

Language is a living thing

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 6/21/2007
The doctor told me that my condition last week is known in Japanese as 切迫早産(seppaku souzan), which means "threatened premature labor". Of course, I had never heard of the word "seppaku" and when repeating it to my husband later, I mistakenly called it 切腹早産(sepPUku souzan), which has something to do with hara-kiri.

Thank you all for your wonderful wishes in the previous post! I am out of the hospital and even though I'm under house-arrest, I've been allowed off the sofa, which is good news for my butt which has mysteriously expanded over the past week.

Oh. Maybe that was from all the food that I was inhaling last week for lack of anything better to do.

2 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Granny said...

I speak no Japanese but I thought I recognized that word. I was wrong too.

Again, my best wishes and I'm glad you can at least move around a little.

winnie said...

i hope you're ok!
thinking happy thoughts and sending them your way.
:)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review