Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The never-ending "To-Do" list

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 5/15/2007
Ugh, ugh, ugh. I'm having a heat flash. Please don't tell me that summer's going to start earlier than ever this year. Please. Not this year. Do I have to get on my knees and beg?

I'm slowly adjusting to life outside of an office. It's the strangest thing not to have to be up in time to run and catch the last train that will get me to the office by 9:30AM. The only thing that redeems me is that I was always up after Ping left for the office anyway so I don't feel too much like a slug when he leaves at his regular time in the morning.

I've been incommunicado for the past few weeks because I've been busy running from tax office to tax office to figure out how I'll be filing my taxes for next year, now that I've started my translation and editing business. It would be great if all the offices (national, prefectural and city) were in one place, but of course, they're located, where? Yes, across the city from each other. Which would be fine if I had a driver's license but when you're relying on public transport to get you from place to place and have a big basketball protrouding from your stomach, it can make life a bit difficult.

The tax people, contrary to popular belief, were able to give me all the answers I needed and even gave me lots of information to read. In Japanese. Which doesn't help me very much since I can hardly understand tax information in English, but beggars can't be choosers, I guess. Now I just have to figure out how to fill out the tax forms and what the hell everything means by February. That should be enough time, right?

On the basketball front, Baby Bo-Boo is looking good! He/she is doing well at 7 months (8 months in Japan) and is clocking in at a healthy 2.6lbs (1.2kg). Mom is clocking in at...did you really think I was going to tell you that? Mom has gained a total of 5lbs (2.2kg) since November so there are happy smiles all around.

You would think with all the extra energy I've had over the past few weeks that we would have gotten 90% of the things we have to do for the baby done. No, no, no. It's more fun to try to get things done when you're completely exhausted and it's REALLY hot. So, no, we haven't gotten anything done. The crib is about the only thing that's finished and that almost put Ping over the edge.

It took us about 2 1/2 hours to put it together and once it was up, Ping couldn't bear the thought of taking it down again. I was happy because I could finally put a check mark on my to-do list which is getting longer by the minute, yet doesn't ever seem to get done.

5 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

liina said...

I can't believe the little one is arriving soon already. You'll have so much fun (well, maybe not initially) :)

Gina said...

Congratulations on getting the crib up! Time is flying by. In just a few more month's you'll have that sweet little baby with you! : )

BTW, your little phrase thingie you put up near the babes counter up top, cracks me up every time I see it! "Now, I have more brain cells then Paris and Nicky Hilton put together" Hilarious! : )

jean said...

Your crib looks identical to ours!

Good luck with the last part of your pregnancy and also your new business!

Belinda said...

Glad things are going well. Sounds like you've got LOTS of work to do and things to sort, but just prioritise them. I bet some things don't even need to be done before the baby arrives, so just do the most urgent stuff and deal with the rest later. Your nesting might kick in and you might get thru loads anyway! If not, don't stress out. The baby won't know you're not 100% ready ;-)

Glad u got your crib together though! :)

Weight gain sounds really normal. Most ppl don't gain anything til well past the 20 wk mark then start smaller gains then they really kick in after the 30wk mark. If you were vomiting in the preg you may have even lost weight, which is why your gain is small. The whole weight thing is prob over-emphasised in preg anywya, unless there are severe issues caused by your weight, whereby it NEEDS to be closely monitored. Just enjoy and don't eat for two, but definitely go with what you feel like. I know a lot of the time I didn't feel hungry and other times I did. Go with the flow :)
=

Are you getting excited? Names picked out? Do tell!!!

Anonymous said...

Guess you'll be able to put a lot more check marks on your list after this past weekend. Now you can just try to stay cool. Can't wait to see you again.
Love Mom

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review