Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Bo-Boo (aged 29 weeks)

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 5/22/2007
If you've been feeling butterflies moving around in your belly, it's not just your run-of-the-mill pre-birth performance anxiety. No, it's your amazing baby with a case of the hiccups: a fairly common occurrence at this point resulting from practicing breathing for their big birthday.

Another fantastic accomplishment: your little monkey has been peeing into their amniotic sac for a little while now (this is why potty training takes a while) and if you didn't know, actually swallows it along with the rest of the amniotic fluid. Although the concept is nasty, their urine is sterile and as part of the amniotic fluid base, is replaced several times throughout the day. So if you didn't know before, now you can tell people, that yes, you drank your own urine—you were still in the womb, but nonetheless you've been there (From Baby Ga-Ga)

7 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

medea said...

How are you feeling? Are you excited? Any special plans for the birth?

Let me know if you have any questions about anything. I was so lucky to have friends nearby who'd given birth in Japan so I didn't get too stressed. I'd love to be able to help you out just a little. :)

Jess said...

Hey Chris! :) I've been kind of out of touch lately, but thought I'd check in. You're looking great and I bet you're getting so excited!!

Belinda said...

You look good (though a head shot would have been good too!).

Does your baby get hiccups much? Mine did - and they used to last for AGES! 15 mins or more sometimes!

Nothing has changed - he still gets them a bit and they still last for ages. So it's scary how much of them is the same when they are here as it was way back in utero!

Hope you're feeling well and are in good spirits :)

Erin said...

cute bump you have there!! (thanks for the info on the urine!)

Mom said...

You're beautiful!
Love Mom

WendyJI said...

Christine...!!!! Its Wendy, former DINKs mate and fellow translator/interpreter/freelancer person. Anywho... I just read your blog for the first time in months and realized you are expecting! Yes, very late in the game. Congratulations!!! And good luck in setting up your new business.

kuri & ping said...

medea, thanks for your offer! I'll let you know if there are any questions I have. :) I'm not very stressed at the moment because I absolutely adore my clinic! :) We're getting excited here though. :)

Jess, thanks! It's nice to hear that "I'm looking good", considering that nothing fits me nowadays. LOL

Belinda, the baby gets hiccups about 2x but during the evening. They only last about 5 minutes or so, but I feel so bad. :( Poor thing.

Erin, Thanks! Yes, the urine information is very important for us all to know. LOL

Thanks, Mom! I know I can always count on you for support. LOL

Wendy, thanks for stopping by and for your best wishes! Things are going somewhat well with the business...just hope it continues! :)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review