Thursday, April 26, 2007

Oh honorable sir!

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 4/26/2007
I've been keeping quite busy this week making my way blindly through the maze of Japanese bureaucracy and trying to retain my sense of humor. I was sorely tested today, though, as I visited the unemployment office because...well, I'm officially unemployed at this moment. Um, according to me, not to the unemployment office.

I loudly and bitchily calmly voiced my displeasure at their take on the situation--i.e. I left my job because it made me ill (literally and figuratively) and they've decided that I made a unilateral decision to leave and are holding up my unemployment benefits for three months...just because they can. Oooh, they're going to love seeing my face in there every four weeks for my "interview," where they ask me what jobs I've applied for (but only through their office...I can't try to find a job on my own because it's not considered "job searching") and I turn into Fat Albert before their eyes with my water breaking all over their desks, all the while saying, "THIS is why I can't get a job, you morons!"

Well, that's if I knew how to say "moron" in Japanese. It'll probably come out sounding something like, "Oh honorable sir, it is with great regret that I have drenched your desks. Perhaps you can see why I might be having some difficulty in pursuading a company to hire me at this particular time." But I would be THINKING that they were morons. Which would make me feel a whole lot better.

Gotta go...E7 has started singing some unrecognizable song in my ear. Tunelessly.

1 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Erin said...

that is something I would like to see (you saying "moron" in japanese, not the whole water part...) anyway, i'm sorry you are going through the bureaucracy!! I hope it gets over with quickly!

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review