Sunday, April 1, 2007

Born free

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 4/01/2007
The day finally arrived when I could say a final sayonara to the place that has been the bane of my existance for lo' these many years.

My last day at work found me sporting the hugest shit-eating grin, which I know made my coworkers want to slap it right off my face. I know this because I've seen it on other faces when they were leaving and I was still stuck there. Oh, it felt so good to be on the other side of the fence.

Even with panicked phone calls ("Today is your last day?" "But what about blah-blah and blah-blah?", which is what I really heard because nothing was going to penetrate the lovely fog that I wrapped myself in), I still was able to keep that excited feeling like it was Christmas, your birthday, and your wedding all happening on the same day.

Damn. I guess I have to get started on cleaning my closets. From the frying pan into the fire, that's what I say.

3 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Midori said...

Congrats on finishing work!!! Enjoy your closet cleaning! If you get lucky, you might get a sudden nesting spurt and will love every second of the cleaning. This never happened to me though, my son was born into a home that was totally not prepared for his arrival!!!

Belinda said...

Enjoy your free months before you are crazy busy with your little one!

What do you have planned?

Erin said...

congrats! I think that is how my boss will feel- she's going on maternity leave in the next week or so and she is SOO Ready to leave!

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review