Thursday, February 8, 2007

Brought to you by the letters "S" & "M"

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 2/08/2007
No posts for over a week? Bad girl! (OK, self-flagallation over. I'm not big into the S&M thing.)

Ohhh, little did I know that the Bug who has taken up residence in my stomach would be taking all of my energy and keeping me away from visiting you all virtually. You can blame her/him in another six months, 'K? But for now, the Bug is directing all complaints to me so...tawlk to the hand, buddy.

My days as Alice in Wonderland are coming to an end. I have seven weeks left at my office before I formally join the bread lines, and I'll be taking off three of them. Why am I taking off for three weeks when I'll have all the free time in the world after April, you ask? Well, it's the principle of the thing. I don't get any benefits from not taking my allotted vacation and the more sabatoge I can wreak before my departure, the better I will feel. Oh yeah.

I can feel the tension staring to mount as my finishing date gets closer. After finally getting people from all over the Asia-Pacific off to Indonesia for a training program that I coordinated this week (and where they have been hit by torrential rains...whoopsie), I figured I was due a little break and settled in for a nice relaxing week at work...no phone calls, no annoyances. How wrong I was. I've been on the phone almost constantly and when I'm not on the phone, I'm in a tele-conference. I can feel the love. Not.

I think I'm going to have Bug start taking over a bit with the phone calls...you know, share a little of the burden. Wait, I think I hear Bug practicing...yes, it's coming in small and squeaky, but clear:

Tawlk to the hand, buddy.

Oooh, and said with a New Yawk accent and attitude. Yeah.

8 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Erin said...

If you didn't take the 3 weeks off wouldn't you lose them? (that's kind of how it works with my hubby's job). And you kind of deserve them. Because you are kind of pregnant.

Anyway, I got my blog name because I was trying to think of something that went with my identity (gringa) but that was also a cute alliteration- I asked my hubby to say "giggles" and he mispronounced it so I decided to use it! (It doesn't make as much sense as it did 3 years ago but I do love being identified as a "gringa" (US girl))

jean said...

DEFINITELY take your paid vacation!! Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

A little excited, are we????

Hugs, Aunt Patty

kuri & ping said...

Erin and Jean, yes, I would lose the vacation and they wouldn't pay me extra for it so I've put in my vacation request today! Only 4 weeks to go. Cool.

Aunt Pats, oh, yes...VERY excited. :)

dongurigal said...

A belated congratulations and enjoy your time off

Dongurigal

Cari said...

*waves* I'm back. well trying to be back. Knew your news already of course but love the Bug-o-Meter.

aussiechick72 said...

Christine! I just heard your news, I am so excited for you!!! Congratulations!!!

Caroline

kuri & ping said...

Thanks dongurigal, cari, and Caroline!! :)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review