Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Winds of Change

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 1/17/2007
Guess where I'm writing this entry from? Hmm? Hmm? My NEW computer!

I've been bitching and bitching about how lousy our old computer is (think "purchased in 2000" and "contains Microsoft ME--the worst OS ever developed" and you'll be somewhere in the ballpark). Well, finally, using my imminent unemployment as a reason to visit the local computer store and stock up on the most up-to-date items for my new translation and editing business, I am now the proud new owner of a Toshiba Dynabook...and it's dynamite! *hyuk, hyuk*

I've been so lost in the world of horrible computers that crash when you look at them wrong, and their horrible evil cackles as you bemoan your penniless state, safe in the knowledge that you'll never be able to replace them because you have a miguided sense of values that can be summed up as: "No breaky, no replacy."

Well, Mr. Smug Computer, you're days are numbered. I think you saw your future yesterday as E7 and I ooh'd and ahh'd over the newcomer. I know you tried to get our attention by crashing a few times but when that didn't work, you somehow got yourself turned back on without any help from E7 and I.

It's time to cut the apron strings, babe. I can feel the chinook in the air.

5 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

jean said...

Congrats! The last computer I used at work had a mind of its own, but this one I bought in late 2005 works like a charm. Do you think it's possible that computers are actually starting to be reliable??

Erin said...

yay for a new computer! it must feel delicious! (we just bought a new toshiba too for hubby's school and we like it!)

Gina said...

Congratulations on your new computer!!! And an even bigger congrats on the upcoming quitting of your job, woohoo! : )

Granny said...

I'm hoping this computer will go on for many more years. So far so good but I'm really tempted when I look at the lap tops which are dropping rapidly in price.

Congratulations on the purchase.

Winnie said...

Yeah for the new computer. I desperately want a laptop.
Ency:)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review