Monday, January 22, 2007

No news is good gnews with Gary Gnu

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 1/22/2007
Do you remember that from the Great Space Coaster? I loved that movie.

I've been quiet of late mainly due to the fact that I've been trying not to puke all over my keyboard. The gentle vibes from the computer screen haven't worked their charms on me recently. Well, ever since our lives have been disrupted by a tiny little alien, which has grown from a piece of rice to a blob and now seems to have metamorphised into E7, I mean ET.

Yes, you've guessed it...my eating/sleeping/drinking (oh how I miss champagne) habits are undergoing a major change because E7 and I will be parents for the first time this August!

This baby will be the most traveled underage person in the world. Frequent flyer miles here we come.

16 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Helen said...

WOW! Big Surprise! And of course, mega congratulations.

I'm so happy for you and E7.

liina said...

Great news! Congratulations! I'm looking forward to reading all about pre-natal care Japanese style :)

Belinda said...

Congrats!!!!!!

Boy you are in for one hell of a lifestyle change!!

But man, it will be SO worth it :)

Enjoy the ride Chris!!!

deenster said...

Congratulations!!! That's great news! You and E7 must be very excited.

medea said...

Yatta! Congratulations to both of you.

I feel ya on missing champagne. One would think news of this magnitude deserves a Brut or two. Or five.

The morning sickness doesn't last forever, I swear. Hope it's shorter than normal for you.

2007 is going to be a banner year. Best year for babies ever!

jean said...

Wonderful news!!! Congrats!!!

medea said...

BTW, I think you might have to change your lovely Zoots template to #11...

Gina said...

That is the best news! Congratulations to both you and E7!!! : )

Erin said...

Wow!! Congratulations!! (i'll drink the champayne for you!)

kuri & ping said...

Thanks everyone for the congrats! :) Erin, you should have some champagne for me. I like Dom Perignon :) (well, I think I would like it if I ever had a chance to taste it. LOL)

Actually morning sickness left miraculously the other day and now I'm eating like a pig. At least I've been told to cut down the caffeine, chocolate and salt, so there really isn't much left to eat or enjoy...I'm eating healthier than I've ever eaten!

Belinda said...

If your m/s has really left for good already then you've escaped pretty lightly! Don't be surprised though if it still comes and goes occasionally. I vomited every day til 16 weeks, it vanished, then returned arond the 34 week mark for a bit again. Fun!

Don't cut too much from your diet - everything in moderation (apart from the few exceptions, soft cheeses etc) is fine. Babies are pretty hardy in there :) What's your due date?

Midori said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am a bit behind on your blog but a little bird told me your happy news today and I am so excited for you!!!

montchan said...

Ok, I am not visiting JP again. Something must be in the air there, or in the water. And I am scared. Luckily, my period just arrived! woohoo!!!

Congrats!!! I am finally catchin up on my blogroll. Sorry it took so long!
Grattis! as they say here!

kuri & ping said...

Thanks Midori and montchan! :)

illahee said...

oh, congratulations!! sorry i'm late but i'm still catching up on my blog reading! feel free to e-mail me through my blog--we should meet up some time!

kuri & ping said...

Thanks illahee! :)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review