Thursday, January 4, 2007

Amnesty International

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 1/04/2007
*ahem, is this mike on?* Um, hi...it's me. Um, if you haven't noticed, I've been away for a very long time. I've decided that I'm going to take the same road as a friend of mine and grant myself amnesty to commemorate the start of a bran' new year...oh, and as an early 30-something-ish birthday present to this Capricorn girl.

You're probably asking yourselves how kuri & ping's holidays were. You might even be torturing yourself with visions of us involved in all sorts of debauchery since we certainly didn't have any time to sit down and post about it. Well, yes and no...no to the debauchery (I mean, my Mom reads this site, people) and yes to having no time to blog.

Anyway, under the new amnesty system, I've decided to make up some resolutions that I will definitely be able to keep this year. 2007 will be a stress-free 365 days with resolutions such as:
  1. Having fun with ping
  2. Enjoying a peaceful year
  3. Enjoy time with my family and friends

But where are the resolutions about losing weight? About getting the perfect job? About breaking records in the women's 100 meter?...so asks my younger, very naive self.

Well, Self, I've decided to take the easy way out and just enjoy life, rather than try to "improve" myself. I mean, how can I not complete these resolutions by December? I'm already way ahead of the game.

Oh, but there is one more resolution...

  1. I must change this blog design...I haven't looked at this site in so long that my head spun when I finally accessed it again. Oi vey. Wow! This resolution is already done and it's only the 9th! Thanks to Zoot!

11 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

medea said...

Happy Birthday! Tomorrow, right?

Those sound like great resolutions to me. I'll be mad at you if you don't achieve them though. :P

kuri & ping said...

medea, I can't believe you remembered when my birthday was! Yep, it's tomorrow (or today!) and I'll be 30...something. :) Your birthday is this month too, isn't it? :)

Helen said...

Ooh....Happy Birthday...I might be late now, but I didn't mean to be.

I like the new look. Very easy to read. Yay!

Good resolutions too.

Carianne said...

Happy Belated!

So love the idea of amnesty, and the new layout.

Belinda said...

Happy Happy birthday, Chris!!!!

jean said...

Wow, this is a big change. Very nice -- zen-like, meditative -- I love it!! Happy belated birthday!

Mande's J-Life said...

Happy Birthday...a little belated! I noticed that my list of resolutions was quite short and sweet this year - much simpler and easier to achieve. Does that mean we are growing up or getting lazier?

medea said...

I love this new layout! It's awesome.

deenster said...

Happy belated birthday!!

I like the new layout...where do you get your templates?

kuri & ping said...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes and compliments on the new design! It's from Zoot Designs (http://www.zootsdesigns.com/)...she's amazing!!!

Gina said...

Happy belated birthday from me too! : )

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review