Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I'm a Barbie girl in a Barbie world

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 11/15/2006
I've started Pilates again after a long hiatus. Supposedly, I was doing Pilates every morning in my apartment before going to work, but I generally find myself having to run to catch the monorail for work because I've overslept. So I can probably count the number of times I've woken up early to exercise on one hand. It's just not happening.

A new Pilates studio opened up in my neck of the woods and I've diligently been attending class every week with my instructor who is--and I'm being totally serial here--like Barbie, but on acid.

I loved Barbies as a kid. I remember me, my sister, and my best friend playing together and making up adventures with our dolls and their bad haircuts (because of course, it's a rite of childhood to cut your doll's hair to see if it grows). Our heros, Princess Barbie or Fun Barbie, were always having run-ins with their nemesis, Donny and Marie Osmond. Poor Marie...her hair is the one we experimented on, which led to her renaming as Quatrochi

So with Acid Barbie as my fearless guide, I am slowly but surely working my way back to a fit body. But oh, so painfully. My muscles are killing me.

Pilates aside though, the question on everyone's mind is: Is there a Crack Ken in Acid Barbie's future?

4 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

jean said...

Sounds like she used to be an aerobics teacher. Those gals are MAJORLY energetic! Good luck with the Pilates. I should try to exercise more, too. It just ain't happening. ):

dongurigal said...

I would die for a pilates stomach.

Glad I can finally comment on your blog (till next week when I'm back in blogspot censor-land.)

L. said...

Um...at least she`s not a BRATZ doll on acid?

Could be worse!

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Oh dear. I so need a Barbie in my life. Does she do house calls to Morocco?

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review