Friday, October 6, 2006

Late bloomer

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 10/06/2006
It's officially autumn and I'm a happy girl. Dark, bruised skies, cool breezes, leaves scratching the sidewalks, Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas all approaching.

I'm particularly thrilled that September is over, especially since it mirrored an episode of General Hospital, with me as the star. Doctors standing around, intently looking at my chart, talking in low, urgent voices...

So what did my hospital chart have to say?

Well, here's a list, in no particular order, of the ailments that have plagued me over the past month:

Ear infection, excess stomach acid, eye infection, sprained ankle, and intestinal viral infection. Oh and don't forget a brain imbalance from all the drugs I've injested. Sometimes I have to be grateful to the fact that Japanese medicine is more like sugar pills than the ultra-heavy stuff.

Because the medicines I was taking had insane schedules (Take this one 3 times a day, this one 2 times a day but not on an empty stomach. Take this one on an empty stomach. Eye drops six times a day, blah, blah), it made me a bit loopy. During the worst of it, I wisely decided to stay away from the internet. You can thank me for my thoughtfulness. And yes, you can feel sorry for E7, who now knows the true meaning of "in sickness and in health".

At first I thought this year might be one of the many yakudoshi for women, but it seems that I was supposed to be unlucky when I was 32 (or 33, according to the Shinto calendar).

I guess I must be a late bloomer.

7 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Narelle said...

I hope you are feeling better soon Chris!! There is nothing worse than having a string of stuff happening to you. All you want to do is feel 100% again.

NB

liina said...

At least you have a diagnosis with some complicated words in it which back up your need for mucho TLC. I'd love a massage every night, but 'sore tummy' doesn't qualify me for such a treat :)

liina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
liina said...

I noticed the Infertility's Common Thread on your site just now.... I should get me one of those...................

(previous comment had a typo :)

Ed said...

Hey Chrissy - hope you are on the mend now. That sounds rough. And yes, Kenny is running the half with us. Actually, Kenny will probably only be with us for the first 1/4 mile and that will probably be the last we see of him until he greets us at the finish line - where he's been waiting for an hour :)

jean said...

Ooh, General Hospital, Luke and Laura, memories... (I wonder how many hours of my youth I spent watching that show?? The answer ain't pretty.) Fall's a great season -- sending healthy vibes your way. I'm 38 -- any idea when my next yakudoshi will be? 32 seems like such a distant memory...

Gina said...

Fall's my favorite season! I love fall, especially with all the holidays! : )

Also, I was going to say...if you need some Tums. I have a brand new bottle that's not even opened yet and won't even expire until like 2012, ha ha ha, so they're new. I wouldn't mind sending them to you, at all. If you need them, please just let me know. It would be absolutely no problem for me to just drop them in the mail. And I got 2 other bottles, so it's not like I'd be missing them anyway. I just wanna help, if I can : )

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review