Friday, October 27, 2006

How was your day, honey?

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 10/27/2006
The light outside my office window is absolutely gorgeous. All pink and cool-looking...fall has finally hit Kyushu. And only 35 minutes until I can bolt out the door. Excellent.

Last night, I was goofing around with E7 and forced him to give me a run-through of his day. You know when you ask your husband/wife/significant other how their day was and get back a vague, "ok" or "fine"? Well, this is how you can make sure to get them to stop giving you apathetic responses. Once they've been through this grilling, they'll be sure to give you much more interesting responses, just so they don't have to go through it again on another day.

One suggestion: Make sure you're taking a bath together so there's nowhere for him to run away to.

Me: So what did you do today?

E7: Nothing.

Me: No, really. OK, so before you left the house, you had a piece of toast, cuddled a bit, got on the monorail...what did you do on the monorail? Did you stop anywhere on your way to the office? Did you see anyone you knew on the elevator? Did you say hi? What did you do when you got to your desk?

E7: . . .

And so on. By the time I finished with this line of questioning, his eyes were glazed over with boredom and he was trying to rush me out of the bath because his fingers were getting pruney.

I think he learned his lesson: Make your answers interesting or be on the receiving end of severe(ly boring) questions like these.

Hmm, I wonder how his day was today? I'll have to ask him when I get home. I'm sure he's looking forward to it.

**************
Update! My friend sent me this little soundbite from Seinfeld. Who would have thought that my life mirrors one of my favorite sitcoms?

4 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Anonymous said...

Hi , Excuse me.
Just out of curisoity.
Sorry for poor English.
Is that happen offen to take bath together with your husband at the same time
in U.S and Europe ?
That's natural in japan though..

In japanease.
?????????????????????
???????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????

fan

Anonymous said...

Sorry,Japanease message is disapeared.
and it changed to >> ????

Narelle said...

LOL Chris - at least he was in a 'confined space' so that he had to give you an answer.

My nephew is now officially in Japan (I am sooooo jealous!!!). He arrived on Friday afternoon and spent Saturday at Disneyland. Man I hope they don't lose him !! :) Will keep you updated on his Japanese adventure :)

NB

kuri & ping said...

fan, sorry, my site isn't configured to view Japanese characters! I think that a lot of people in other countries take baths together, but it is usually has more romantic overtures. In Japan, people seem to take baths together regardless of if they're being "romantic" or not. HTH!

Narelle, I wish you were visiting Japan! Keep me posted on his "adventures". :)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review