Friday, September 8, 2006

Second Childhood

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 9/08/2006
Internet, meet Bob. Bob, meet the internet (*waves*)

Right, now that introductions have been made, I think you should get better acquainted with Bob, the zit that has arrived--literally--on my doorstep, with his bags in hand, ready to become my most unwelcome houseguest. And we don't even have a house.

Speaking about being young, my niece, Heather, went to school for the first time on Wednesday. She's been looking forward to it for ages and enjoyed it just as much as she thought she would. I happened to see that a new school just opened in Philadelphia that was developed "with help from software giant Microsoft and is believed to be the first in the world to combine innovative teaching methods with the latest technology in an environmentally friendly building." It's amazing what people can do when we put our heads together, isn't it?

And then, there's news like this, which just kind of makes you wonder.

5 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

jean said...

Zits - they're the worst.

I was just reading your blog and laughed out loud at the 'Misery' comment in reference to the Takarazuka fans. You think you have this culture figured out and then you go to something like a Takarazuka show and you realize you're still a total greenhorn. I also wonder about the token eight or so male fans who go -- aren't they intimidated by us all?

kuri & ping said...

Hi jean! Yes, I would assume that the guys are intimidated by us (or by the Misery-rabid fans LOL!) Would love to check out your site if you have one!

Narelle said...

I think you still look like a spritely 16 year old Chris!!!!

NB

jean said...

I'm not a blogger -- just an occasional reader. When I first tried to read a friend's blog last year I had to sign up as a blogger in order to access it so that's why the system has me down as a blogger. I'm a housewife/Mom/jack-of-alll-trades in Shizuoka (from Nova Scotia) -- nice to meet you!

kuri & ping said...

Narelle, You. Are. Awesome!

Jean, thanks for letting me know. I hope you stick around some! Would love to get to know you as well. :)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review