Friday, September 22, 2006

Glutton for punishment

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 9/22/2006
I really must be dying to punish myself. Dying.

Today, I went to the hospital. Again. The front desk nurse recognized me and asked how my visit went on Wednesday. I gave her a watered down version of my diagnosis and prognosis but tried to keep it civil.

So today's play date at the park, I mean hospital, was for my ankle which has swelled to incredible proportions. It looks like I have a tennis ball under my skin.

My first thought when this appeared was that I had been bitten by a spider or some other awful bug that's come out for a last foray before winter. Since my new source of information--the Google clinic--came up with diagnoses like this (and don't click on the link if you are faint of heart. You've been warned!), I figured I should give the hospital one more chance to redeem themselves.

I spent three hours(!) at an impromptu party in the orthopedic clinic, together with a number of people in various states of bodily deterioration. The average age of the party-goers seems to have been about 100.

So now on top of my acid-ridden stomach and clogged ears, I have a sprained ankle. Which funnily enough, I don't remember spraining.

Hmm...maybe I should consider including "addled mind" to my running list of ailments.

6 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

liina said...

Can't wait to hear about your next medical adventure :)

Granny said...

A sprained ankle is an improvement over a spider bite.

I hate sitting around waiting rooms too.

Feel better soon.

Narelle said...

Ahh Chris - you poor thing!!! I hate having to go to doctors or sit in waiting rooms. I have gotten to the stage where I take a book with me with anything medical. To take my mind off the procedure, so that I don't stare at other people who are there and to waste away the time.

Hope you are at 100% soon.

NB

jean said...

How can you not remember spraining your ankle?!? That's hilarious (well, you know what I mean). You must have an amazing ability to zone out the negative things in life and just focus on the good!

Granny said...

A couple of days have gone by. I do hope nothing else has happened to you between then and now. Enough already.

Thanks for the good wishes. I've had fun this year thanks to nice people like you.

Ann

kuri & ping said...

Thanks for the healthy wishes! Doing a bit better this week. :)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review