Monday, September 25, 2006

Care to make a donation?

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 9/25/2006
It's Monday morning and I'm refressssssssheeeedd. How can she be refreshed after the week she had, I can hear you saying? Ah, but that is because you didn't know that E7 and I spent our weekend at the Jal Seahawk Resort in Fukuoka.

For free.

Yes, you heard me right. Free. Comped, complimentary, costless, for nothing, freebie, free ride, gratis, gratitous, on the house.

On the house can be better explained as "on Japan Airlines". E7 and I had miles that were going to expire by December and since we haven't flown JAL due to their disasterous performance and safety record in the past two years, we weren't planning to fly with them in the near future.

So, taking a leaf from our experience with Edy points, we took the soon-to-expire 65,000 miles and exchanged them for cell phone points...all 65,000 of them. Which translated to 65,000 yen to spend at our favorite JAL joints. Which translated into a free room, free meals, and free complimentary drinks in the sky lounge.

We were "throwing" our virtual cash around at every opportunity. Finishing a meal at the restaurant? Here, take it off my phone. Checking out? Here debit this phone. I felt like a Rockefeller. So this is how they live.

The only thing better than a weekend away with my lovely hubbie is when it's a weekend away with my lovely hubbie...on someone else's wallet.

If you have no time to go away and have miles that are going to expire, feel free to transfer them to my cell. The number is 555-5555-5555. It's not a problem. I'll be happy to help you out.

8 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Ed said...

Wow - nice.......

Narelle said...

AHhh how wonderful for you Chris - you certainly deserve a bit of a mini break - and a free one at that!!!

NB

Mom said...

that's so neat!

Belinda said...

Sounds divine! Glad you feel so refreshed :)

illahee said...

oh awesome. i am sooooo jealous! i'd love to stay at the seahawk...erm JAL seahawk resort!!

L. said...

I`m SO proud of myself for managing to refrain from telling my Japanese hospital horror stories, of which I have several, in the comment section of your last couple of posts.

So I will allow myself to comment today on this harmless post, and say, glad you enjoyed yourself! :)

bea said...

Perfect - rich is nice, rich when someone else is paying the bill? Literally: Priceless!

kuri & ping said...

Isn't it great! I'm still enjoying the perks of last weekend. :)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review