Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thoughts of the week

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 8/10/2006

Welcome to Friday's random thoughts. Trust me--you don't really want to see my try to make a coherent post out of my head's current condition in this heat:

  1. It's so exciting to welcome my mom to the Coffee Lovers Club, now that she's become addicted to the coffee bean
  2. How can a company seriously be selling face cream that costs five. hundred. dollars? I have a hard time justifying the cost of a $10 jar of face cream.
  3. Can I spend the evening sitting in a cold bath without letting my fingers get shriveled up to escape the heat?
  4. Have you ever just run out of conversation with an acquaintance during lunch and be totally unable to find something else to talk about?
  5. Have you ever just told your boss "like it is" and have them laugh and tell you you're right? It's not as exciting as it sounds.
  6. I wonder where E7 is taking me on Saturday for our anniversary?
  7. If you've ever wondered what goes on in the heads of different people, check out Yahoo Answers. It's an eye-opener, yes siree.
  8. I'm happy I'm not traveling today. Man.

5 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Anonymous said...

1. McDonald's iced coffee (vanilla flavored) is her drug of choice.

2. I receive free samples from my friend's daughter (she works for Estee Lauder).

3. No

4. No, because I can always talk about my niece who lives in Japan; it's a great conversation starter.

5. No

6. Dinner and a walk along a romantic beach or park

7. Hmmmm....sounds interesting; I'll go there later.

8. Me, too

Belinda said...

I wouldn't spend $500 on a single skincare product, either! I don't think that there can be THAT much difference between products to justify it.

I will admit, I buy brand name skincare products, but they are not THAT pricey!

I use Dermalogica. I spend about $75 on a 750ml pump pack of cleansing gel and with me (and often, Steven) using it daily, it lasts for 6-7 mths. You only use such a small amount and I'm sure that if I bought a cheap supermarket one for like $12 over the course of 6 mths I would spend the same amount as you tend to use more of them, as they are not a concentrate.

I also use Dermalogica moisturiser ($45) and their multivitamin hand and nail cream ($45). They too seem to last a decent amount of time.

But $500? no way, Jose!!!

Andrea said...

2. ummm stupid!!!
3. hehehe I have tried that one before.
4. yup
5. no I havent but hhehehe
6. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
7. gotta check that out later.

Michiko said...

Sounds like it is oppressively hot there!

My pharmacist friend always finds something (cosmetics or contact lens solution/ eye drops) in my bag that actually costs a few dollars to make it but that I paid more than $15 for it (she looks at the ingredients and figures the cost). I wonder what is in the $500 face cream!

Happy anniversary!!

winnie said...

Congrats on the anniversary!

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review