Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Horse Whisperer

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 8/02/2006
My horse sense is an amazing thing to behold. Last Saturday, I went with some friends to the race track for our annual outing and came back a millionaire! Well, OK...not really a millionaire, but I won!

My friend's husband who lives by the statistics in the newspaper despaired as I won race after race. My luck abilities knew no bounds, as I went on to select three horses that proceeded to come in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Now, I'm not a selfish woman so I'll share the wealth:
  • First, find the horse with the prettiest/coolest name (Arabian Nights, Godsend were two winners that I picked)
  • If the horses don't have names that strike you, see which ones have the prettiest braids in their manes.
  • If none of the horses fit the above bill, select one with a bad attitude (my winning horse sh*t on the horse behind him when they were walking around)
  • And finally, if you're at a loss, pick the horse with the worst odds (one horse I picked had a 1,000 to 1 odds that they would win...Of course he didn't win, but can you imagine if he had???)

You're welcome. Make sure to cut me a percentage of your winnings.

6 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

liina said...

I'll keep that in mind for next year's Melbourne Cup :)

Anonymous said...

I like your methods. It reminds of a friend who bets on college football depending on where she would rather live!

Aunt Patty

Mom said...

I thought the 3rd one is hysterical.

bea said...

ha! I love it - I'm not a gambler either, but confess to buying a lotto ticket this week (for the first time since university, honest!). I picked numbers like you pick horses - and I'm still at work today :(

kuri & ping said...

liina, that's what I'm here for! To give pointers. :)

Aunt Patty, I think that the way your friend bets is probably the best way to go about thing. LOL

Mom, actually strategy #3 was the one that got me my winnings!

bea, how did you do on the lottery??? No go?

risingsunofnihon said...

I followed similar rules for this year's World Cup. Good names and flashy uniforms seem to tip me off no matter if I'm looking at horses or football players! Congratulations on your winnings, I hope you spend them on something great!

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review