Friday, August 4, 2006

Bzzzzz

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 8/04/2006
It's another hot night in Kyushu and I'm practicing my visualization techniques by pretending I'm a cavewoman that's been encased in ice for the last billion years. It's not working though. I just wish it was cooler so I could go with a different hairstyle, rather than the ponytail (or ponybubble) that I've been sporting since the now infamous mushroom 'do of 2006.

It hasn't grown. Well, not much...and it's already been almost 2 months. Am I destined to look like a une femme d'un certain age since my new 'do makes me look about 20 years older than I actually am? E7 hasn't yet questioned the fact that I have the same hairstyle Every.Single.Day. but he's bound to catch on at some point.

It's now August--the month of birthdays galore. We have: my three nieces, two nephews, two sisters, my cousin...and let's not forget E7! Plus our anniversary and a trip to Italy. A very painful month indeedy, yes it is.

I have to visit Amazon because it's too hot to actually go out and purchase something from the store get a start on my shopping so I asked E7 what he wanted for his birthday this year. Usually he says things like "shoes" or "socks" (he's wild like that), but this year Mr. Practical wants a razor. Woo!

I can't wait to go shopping (yawn). Maybe I'll just give him the money and he can go pick it out himself.

4 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Narelle said...

Wow what an imagination he has for presents - must keep you on your toes Chris!!! July and August are my months for birthdays too - there are that many of them. I hope it gets cooler for you soon. That way it is more bareable for you and it means it is getting warmer for us down under !!!!!

NB

Anonymous said...

I followed the link and read the diamond solitaire story. What a hoot! This is how I got my engagement ring, but I can tell you about that another time. Oh these ketchi unromantic Jpnz men.

Kaz

kuri & ping said...

Narelle, oh yes, E7 has quite the imagination. He's just a very practical person and tries to make me practical too but it doesn't work. :)

Kaz, you like the story? It's all true, no exaggeration at all. Can you imagine? Oh, yeah, I guess you can. LOL

risingsunofnihon said...

It seems like there is just one big heat wave all over the world right now. Amazon must be raking in the profits since none of us want to be bothered to go to the stores anymore! Whatever did we do before the advent of Internet shopping?

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review